Thread: Ambassador quests not working properly in Age of Empires Online

Ambassador quests not working properly in Age of Empires Online

I am not sure if the Ambassador quests are working right. In the last version of the beta, playing as Greek, just after completing the initial quest I was given a set of several quests as a lower level player - these all had in common that they were repeatable, they had no loot chests, some had a mish-mash of Greek and Egy units, and there were different levels of basically the same quests. After you got to a certain level, it did not repeat as the same quest but as a more difficult version with a slightly different name.

Re: Ambassador quests not working properly in Age of Empires Online

It's the only ambassador quest available to me also. It looks like they took out the other ambassador quests. I'm close to level 40 and this is still the only ambassador quest available, so it shouldn't be a capital city level issue. I have seen is the repeatable one where you defend your neighbor’s city and have to defeat the waves of enemy before they raze the palace, with various different units each time.

Is the ambassador quest repeatable? I've only seen it once and when I've gone back to visit a city, I don't see any quests available (I'm level 17 Greek). Is it only available in cities from your friends' list or any city that you visit? Perhaps I only went to visit non-friends city's after the fact. I will have to check again.

You can't use the /visit command. You have to use the GUI. It works for both Greeks and Egyptians. You can do it once as Greeks and once as Egyptians each day (twice a day). It is the same quest each time, just with different starting units. You don’t have to be Egyptian and visit a Greek and vice versa.

What I found odd is that as a Greek Civ, I tried to visit another Greek civ (from my friend's list) to view the quest, but I could not see an ambassador. I then went to another friend who had an Eggy Civ and saw the ambassador. I have noticed this twice now. I don't know if it’s a bug or not, but I've definitely experienced it.

Right now, there is only the one quest, "Neighborly Defense." Which if you have not noticed yet, should be very different each time you play (we assemble a unique starting force for the player, and sometimes even throw in a few extra challenges for you to "siege away"). We had more Ambassador Quests in the beta, some of which are still banked for future use, some which were incorporated into the High level content that is now Cyprus.

After playing Age of Empires Online for a while I found out a solution that works for this ambassador quest. All you need to do to work this quest properly is to visit a eggy city and make the quest if you are a greek already. But it is necessary to be a eggy and for that you will have to visit a greek city, only then the Ambassador quests will work out properly.

Thank you guys for help. This all was really helpful for me and really happy that You all like my thread and give such a helpful reply. Once Again really thanks to all.

What I found strange is that, like Civ Greek, tried to visit a Greek civilization (the list of my friend) for the search, but could see an ambassador. Then I went to another friend who had a Civ Eggy and saw the ambassador. I've noticed this twice now. I do not know if it's a bug or not, but I've definitely experienced.