Thread: Age of Empires Online: Greek Quests Levels 1-3

Age of Empires Online: Greek Quests Levels 1-3

I rushed through the first few quests so I can't really remember what quest had what objective, but I have to say that I liked it better then the last build. There is a bigger difference between what to do in the quests. Another thing, I still think leveling is a bit slow. I played about 5 hours today and I'm only level 10 or 11. In those 5 hours I did 1 PvP, spend in total 30 min in chat and the rest was quests only. I think leveling to level 10 should be shorter.

Re: Age of Empires Online: Greek Quests Levels 1-3

Overall the new/improved quests are a lot better than they were. Not only are they more fun, but they now have more of a story based campaign feel. Also the in game and loading screen hints before quests really should help out new players a lot. This was really needed especially since this game will attract some casual players who may have never played RTS games. Definitely happy with the new build. I'm looking forward to similar changes with the Egyptians.

Does GPG plan on moving the new beginners guide messages out from behind the chat window? I in-game reported this last build and so far it hasn't changed. The message icons also become blurry when selecting or hovering over them. Also, why are the neon green icons floating above the buildings in the capital so much larger in this build? I thought they were big enough last build. I noticed the player "blue" color is much darker. Was this so the units stand out on the minimap? The animation for the award for treasures shows as a black square instead of the crate.

Unfortunately when I un-garrison them, click on the repair icon and left click on the town center, they just garrison again. I noticed that as soon as I left click the mallet on the town center, it changes to the opening door.

Much improved from the previous build. I'm not new to AoE so they are very easy for me and it's hard to tell if that would be the case for players new to this series. I did find it annoying that the instructions would pop up at the start and prevent me from doing things for a while if I wanted to read them. This is very bad for timed quests. It would be nice if these pop-ups would pause the game while they are up.

Can't remember the exact name, but the quest that introduces players to the technology tree could use a small tweak. Prevent the palace from displaying the overhead icon indicating research points are available until after the quest is accepted to review the technology tree and research Storehouses. I was spam-clicking the shiny object wondering why it didn't do anything. It might help alleviate some of the initial confusion about what the icon's doing there.

I have the same issue with the black icons, on the world map and every time it gives me a chest or some other item. I also have a suggestion; an error has occurred that this build has seemed to create. Can that not be changed to say something to this effect? "An error has occurred, please click on options full scan to try and fix the error."

My one monitor resolution has always been 1600 x 900 since I built my desktop last Fall. So, do the messages appear out behind the chat box with resolutions above this? I'm going to repost my system specs in my forum signature. Is friend/foe colors turned on by default in this build? I'll have to check later today and post an update. I reset all settings and my units color is now sky blue. I changed the setting to friend/foe for comparison and it was dark blue again, so somehow friend/foe colors were turned on. I have never turned them on in the past.