Thread: Craftsmen Rescue on Elite quest in Age of Empires Online

Craftsmen Rescue on Elite quest in Age of Empires Online

I basically just got the game a few hours ago, and I'm enjoying it. Now, I'm level 7, and I just tried my first elite quest, and while I do understand that it's "elite", is the enemy villagers really supposed to become so much more powerful? Their stats aren't listed as being stronger, but yet my Town Center only hits a villager for 4 damage while it is listed with around 30-40 dps. Meanwhile, their villagers now do about 100 damage per hit against my warriors and 200 vs. my buildings per hit which is about the same as their actual elite warriors. My archers go down to around 5-10% hp from 1 hit from a villager while they hit a villager back for around 3 damage per hit. I really not understand this.

re: Craftsmen Rescue on Elite quest in Age of Empires Online

I'm having some issues, as well. The first time I tried the quest, I tried it as elite. Now it seems like it's always set to elite even when elite is turned off. I'll get hit with a large force after X number of minutes, but it doesn't even matter what I throw at them. They tear through my walls in about 2 seconds and make just about as quick of work of towers and my army. Am I just missing something?

Just try abandoning quest and accepting it again. I also noticed that if you hit one of their villagers, they will send LOTS of dudes at you. Problem is of course that their villagers might wander across 1/2 the map to your base, gets killed, and the enemy sends massive amount of people.

I managed to do it around level 6. You just need to build a great economy quickly while producing massive amounts of hypaspists and toxotes. I had to send like waves of 100 units x12 to win in the end. It does give a nice achievement though. It's designed for high level players with good gear who want a challenge, don't try it at low levels.

I just did this quest on elite and even though I killed all the war chiefs it was saying i only killed one, there was not one left on the map. It's a not about killing the war chiefs, it's about getting those craftsmen back home to your little square of palisades.