Thread: getting Bug in Hector quest in Age of Empires Online

getting Bug in Hector quest in Age of Empires Online

Here in hector quest my goal is: Kill Hector and 10 of his elite guards. You are able to kill hector but the counter for the elite guards remains on 1/10, tried it in co-op and solo and the same issue happens. Due to this I cannot advance on the Troy campaign. I don’t know why this is happen. I really try to solve this many times but cant able to solve it and it showing same result. Anyone have any idea on this?

re: getting Bug in Hector quest in Age of Empires Online

Sometimes the Elite Guard can be scattered on the map. You may have to scout the entire map to find packs of the elite guard (sometimes hiding in packs of two or three). One more I add here is, if this is not helpful than just start the quest once and after that try again. Mostly this will solve the issue.

Can someone provide a good strategy for this quest please? I have tried Turtling up to soak up Troy's constant attacks, as well as trying to rush them. Each time I am massively overwhelmed! Did anyone else have difficulties? I am getting overwhelmed by waves of elite guards before I even have a chance to mine enough stone for a decent wall, like 3 waves of enemies before the 2min mark.

I died on this one 3 or 4 times before I got it. I don't think you will ever successfully build a wall before you get over run. I would recommend you defend your base with an army early game, not a wall. When I was able to succeed, I barely held off their first 3 or 4 waves of attacks, but lost almost my entire army in the process. However, once I lived to that point of the game my economy was so robust I was able to produce 200/200 armies pretty quickly and the win was easy from there. You just have to survive those first few attacks, and for me it was easier with an army.

I am an RTS vet, but I can't seem to beat this one. I managed to build up a decent dual wall defense, with around 30 or so archers, serving for around 5 or 6 waves of the little sods. Eventually though, they just obliterated my walls and towers. Usually, I would try and rebuild my army etc, but there isn't a lot of stone/gold available on the map. I too tried the early on army, but seeing as you only have spearmen available, they are no match for the enemy. What level are you? I am level 16 and I am finding it impossible.

I finally finished it, but it still seemed way out of balance. This time I wasn't attacked at all until I had around 80 spearmen and was well into advancing to age 2. At that point I had 3 simultaneous wave attacks from the NE, NW and SE. I ended up using an Epic summons to hold them off. After that I was able to keep back most of the attacks until I could build strongholds and supplement my army, but it got to the point where a constant stream of enemies was flowing into my area. It was so bad that if I didn't micro-manage each individual unit, they would travel up the line of attackers straight into the range of Hector's stronghold.