Thread: Mission Completed trigger in Age of Empires Online

Mission Completed trigger in Age of Empires Online

I see that if I complete a mission, but I continue to play, and suddenly something happens to my connection, the mission is lost and I have to do it again. I think would be better if the completion trigger if fired as soon as the mission is accomplished, so even if I lose connection, or game crashes, when I log again I just need to go to the quest giver and get the reward, instead of doing the whole mission again wasting a lot of time!

re: Mission Completed trigger in Age of Empires Online

I think it would be better if the mission would be saved to the account if the player gets disconnected and at reconnect the player gets the option to "continue" the mission. I mean the autosave features is as old as the first PC´s or even older, every 0815 offline game has it. Microsoft should hide ashamed in a corner to release a strategies game without this. Even the most stable Internet provider can’t guarantee that it’s connected never drops.

re: Mission Completed trigger in Age of Empires Online

I completely agree with you both. If we can't get an option to 'save every XX minutes' (hello, the game is supposed to be persistent!), at least your game progress should be sent to the server at mission completion (and ideally at every chest recovered).In PvE save my progress to a local file so you don't have to use bandwidth.