Thread: Multi-group Hotkeys for Age of Empires Online

Multi-group Hotkeys for Age of Empires Online

I am here to just talk about Multi-group Hotkeys of this game. It's very simple. Let's say I have Spearmen, Cavalry and Archers, then I want my groups to be as thus:
    1. Spearmen
    2. Cavalry
    3. Archers
    4. Spearmen, Cavalry
    5. Spearmen, Cavalry, Archers

This way I can have my Melee bound to Group 4, and everybody to Group 5, as well as individual groups. There are countless examples like this that are impossible with the current system of one group per unit.

re: Multi-group Hotkeys for Age of Empires Online

The Find Military hotkey is useless because it selects every military unit, including Scouts and sea units. It can't be that difficult to implement, and it makes tactics a whole lot quicker and easier, at least for me. The lack of this feature is one of the main reasons I immediately hated Dawn of War 2 (especially when compared to Dawn of War 1, which, obviously did have this feature).

Just do 1a2a3a, it's not that hard. Why would you waste you 4 and 5 hotkeys on stuff like that? I do 1 for nexus, 2 for zealots, 3 for sentries, 4 for stalkers, 5 for colossi/high templar 6 for robo/stargate, 7 for voids/phoniex, 8 for observer, 9 for forges and 0 for second observer/scouting probe.

In SC2, there's no hotkey to select all your necessary buildings, so you tend to put them into hotkeys, which makes the number of hotkeys available small. But still, 1a2a3a isn't that hard, SC2 or AoE. Of course, you have the advantage that the units will no longer be in 1 single formation, which may or may not be what you want. Actually, after testing, since the ctrl-B type hotkeys snap you to a TC/barracks and focus your camera on it, you probably want to hotkey your buildings with numbers as well, so you can macro while fighting. In which case the number of hotkeys you have is limited, strengthening the above poster's point.