Thread: Some features I really want back in Age of Empires Online

Some features I really want back in Age of Empires Online

First I must say that, I love the game, I really have the feeling that it's too simplified. And I don't mean the game itself; it's pretty much the same. It's the way many options, menus and such have been removed since previous AOE games. The features I need in these games are: History/ Codex, In-game Manual, Louder Attack Alarm. Anyone have any idea about this? Please if anyone has any idea about such features in this game than notify me and also give me some other feature which you likes.

Re: Some features I really want back in Age of Empires Online

If I talk about -History/ Codex: I really miss the fact that you didn't took the effort to include an History/Codex menu like you did in -every- AOE where you could read about every unit, building, technology and civilization and how they were in the real world and explains the way they were implanted in the game. Please bring it back!

Here I have, All Unit Stats: Also I notice I'm not able to look up unit stats unless they're in the ingame map, when I'm in the technology screen at the Capital and you hover the mouse over an unit, please show the (basic) stats of that unit, and make us able to view the tech trees of the other civilizations at the same time... and make the screen easy accessible from the ingame menu's. At the moment it's just awful to compare units to each other and look up which would better suit your playstyle.

In-game Manual: One thing that needs to be said is that the Empire Handbook is really pointless, handy when I'm surfing on the internet, useless when I'm ingame because it opens in an internet folder and departs from the game, for me and other people who's PC isn't the newest type it takes way too much time to load, something that is absolutely unnecessary. All these issues would be solved if you'd include the History option mostly like AOM which had both the Lore and Stats of the units combined in one page. This is one of the things that defined AOE for so long.

Maybe we can make a list and hope someone from GPG will notice. Here are mines. Units grouping - I found it rather useful in AoM to have a graphic indicator of your groups shown as a flag with a number on top of the UI. Even if you forgot which units you grouped you could easily get back to them through these flags. I noticed simple units grouping exist in AoEO; however I am still missing the graphic indicators.

Cows fattening - I found this a really nice feature in AoM, that is missing in AoEO, which really demotivates me from collecting or using cows as a food source to begin with. In AoM once you captured a goat or pig their food content grew over time, making them a nice food source option for early mid-game, when you hunt out all of animals around your base and don’t want to get into farming yet because of the cost.

What you are referring to is an adaption of the ELO system, probably most commonly known for its use in chess. MS went with the Trueskill ranking system, which was probably done due to it being used with Xbox and coding was probably easier this way. I am fine with them using this but it would be nice if it integrated a number that reflected our rank that we could see when starting a PvP like it did in AOM.

I'd love to see Codex’s/Encyclopedia in the game and apart of in-game manual also some kind of PDF manual/Empire Handbook in downloadable form. Flash is inconvenient to say the least. A very important feature you mentioned is visible unit’s stats and upgrades. The latter absolutely necessary for proper strategy planning. Basic stats like attack and armor should also be visible. I am not convinced about troops garrisoning. It would make it very easy to deceive an opponent who is scouting you without any effort which shouldn't be possible in my opinion.