Thread: In Age of empires online there is No reward for co-op mission

In Age of empires online there is No reward for co-op mission

I joined a co-op mission with a guy that was level 10 when I was an 8. It was a quest I’ve never done before and I didn’t get any rewards for helping him complete it. Is this is a bug or is this part of the design for a quest? I don’t know why it’s happening with this. Does anyone have any idea about it? Please share your replies with me. I am waiting for your replies. I know that someone will tell me some appropriate reason for this.

re: In Age of empires online there is No reward for co-op mission

Some guy kept spamming the chat for co-op earlier. I eventually gave in and said I'd play with him. He played for about 30 seconds and then just stopped. Then about 6 minutes later he played for another 30 seconds and then didn't play anymore. I finished the quest about 10-15 mins later. I asked why he didn't play more than a minute and he said "I had to talk to my brother" and then kept asking me to do more quests with him.

It’s part of the design. In order to receive rewards for completing a COOP quest you have to make sure you accepted the quest from the list. If you don’t have the quest available you cannot accept the quest and cannot receive the rewards for completing it. There are quite a few threads regarding this including ones in general discussion over last two days so you might want to utilize the search function above. The quest setup needs and I imagine most likely get a rework at a later stage.

If you do a co-op quest with someone and you both have the quest in your quest log you both should be getting credit for the quest completion. If not it is a bug on that quest. When you join a co-op game and you don't have the quest, when the quest is completed by your partner then you gain XP, and I think some coin although my memory may be faulty on that one. As someone else pointed out you can see how much on the ticker tab when the quest completes.

One of the reasons for doing it this way is that when we have multiple Civs with lots of quests lines, this still allows diverse Civs to help you in Co-Op. If you're playing a Greek quest and I am playing on my Egyptians I can still go help you despite the fact there is no way for me to complete the Greek quest (i.e. I have no Greek quest giver to turn the quest into when I return to my Egyptian capital). Maybe the reward isn't obvious enough or high enough for the "joiner", but give us feedback on your thoughts there.

Can the co-op partner somehow find out how much reward he's going to get? like when someone invites you to join a co-op game, a little window show's up with the description of the quest, and the rewards you'd get, with an accept/decline button on the lower corner. Wouldn’t hurt if the rewards scaled a little also! The partner should connect to the host when the window appears, kind of like joining a lobby in aoe3. If the connection fails, as like what happens so often, the window will say *Connection Failed* or *Cannot Join*. Saves allot of time and pain, unlike the current method which has you go try and connect to the host when the game starts.

It feels like I get almost nothing for the coop and it would be helpful to get a little description and information about quest when you are asked if you want to participate. This pre-game connection should also happen before starting a game through arena, a window should pop up connecting all the players to the host, and informing the player(s) that can’t connect on what’s wrong, if it can find out. I'd be happy with 50% or whatever it is/reasonable, would love for it to pop up and display to me post game so I know exactly what I'm getting before discarding that message.