Thread: What Age of Empires Online needs most

What Age of Empires Online needs most

This is my opinion. Please discuss. Possibility to choose your ally in 2vs2 ranked. I saw a rating ladder but I didn't see True skill involved. I am not asking for a full fledged clan center or something, just clan tags would suffice so we can see who has joined which clan. This is exactly what we need, in the correct order. 2v2 ranked with ally is a must as soon as possible. So what’s your opinion on this? Please provide your comments.

Re: What Age of Empires Online needs most

3vs3, I mean think about clan wars! I'm not asking for 8vs8 battles or anything, not even 4vs4. 3vs3 is just a must-have though. About the ladder: I heard Trueskill will be hidden, only used for matchmaking and the rating ladder will be based on win/losses. If that's so, it's a terrible decision. If you have a wonderful tool as Trueskill, then why hide it and instead make a ladder based on something irrelevant as wins/losses? If its stays like this, I will make my own rating-ladder soon.

It’s truly interesting. Not sure where people are saying this, but the ladder is 100% your Trueskill rating. The Trueskill calculation is largely weighted by who won and who lost the match, and their respective Trueskill rank, so perhaps that's where people are confused. Clans would also be pretty awesome but not even close to be as important as reps. We need 2v2 Ranked Sparta with a partner by launch! It would be much appreciated!

I think mostly people want to see a quantitative symbol to show their rank, it means more and has more of a goal. For AoM elo - big achievements were getting to 1800 or 1900, and top players were typically around 2000. For AoE3 PR - PR 40 was a good achievement and the best few players were 49 or 50. Yes you have top 10 and rank numbers, but it gives something more to look at and play for. There is supposed to be the Trueskill rating unfortunately i did not see it yet.

It’s good to hear, but i think people are confused about this because the Trueskill isn't showed at this moment. Like people said earlier here, many people want to see their rating as well as their ranking. It really motivated a lot of players back in AoM/aoe3 to reach a certain rating like 1800 in AoM/elo or 35 in aoe3/PR. It's not a lot of work to show it after all, i presume. I understand you don't want to discourage new players, but that's not a problem if you only add this for premium ranked ladder.

What about Age of Empires 3's Power Rating? It also is a number between 0-50, varied wildly at first, easily going from PR 1 to Pr 20 in 2 games and settled after a few games too (it was pretty close to Trueskill it seems). Still, AoE3 did have a popular PR ladder. Also, wouldn't it be a good solution if you have to play like 5 games before your Trueskill is shown or before you are added to the ranking so it doesn't jump all over the place at first