Thread: Looking for old AOE:ROR Players

Looking for old AOE:ROR Players

I was looking to reconnect with old school Rise of Rome players from back in the Gaming Zone days. The gameplay is very similar to AOK and AOC however the PVP content is being worked on that way we can experience the whole content of the game. If there are any other old players that will be playing this game post your names below with your old tags. So, anyone here has any idea about this? Please help me to know about these players.

Re: Looking for old AOE:ROR Players

It took me some time to learn how to play like a decent player, but after some time got used to do flanking and back attacks! I mean age of empires 2 was quite awesome, it was like a revolution in the way of playing RTS games at that time, but since there i never gave up on playing RTS games, i love them. Age of Empires is my favorite franchise and always will be due to the best UI, best gameplay, and best historical correct game! I mean i got nothing against AoE never had and i don't think i never will, although i know times are changing which means company that makes the games need to adapt to the situation.

I played, only the demo I think. I can hardly remember anything about that time, it's been so long and I could barely read/write English back then. The main thing I remember about Age of Empires is actually not the game, but the stupid ball mouse I had to use, it was so uncontrollable. I've played all of the Age of Empires games, but my favorite was Rise of Rome. I liked the simplicity of the design which is similar to AOEO new look and fast paced gameplay.

So have any of you old players from ROR had a chance to play AOEO? I am curious if the PVP from age of empires online is similar in any way to the old style of player from ROR. Although I played mostly Deathmatch back then, I have switched up my game to mostly RM. Rise of Rome was the only game you would see players build multiple town centers. I found myself playing 45min games with AOK and AGEIII.

I only played DM when I had to for a tourney or practicing for one. I was pretty much RM 24/7. ROR was the height of the AoE series for me. I played of lot of AoK but it didn't have the same feel. The civs were too balanced and the garrisoned TC stopped the kill factor of the early rush. I prefer the spear fishing, lions and alligators, yam scout rush, Hittite late game dominance, fast Greek hoplites, devastating chariot hit and runs on the enemy peons, etc any day. I am hoping for more of that out of AoEO.