Thread: For people who are at level 40 in Age of Empires Online

For people who are at level 40 in Age of Empires Online

I noticed while playing the game that some people are already close to or at level 40 in the pre-release. So I was just wondering if you guys had done that with a premium civilization or the F2P. I am currently only level 12, and I don't see how I'll be able to make it to level 40 without epic gear. I'm planning to buy a premium civ when the bundles come out next week. I am very new to 'RTS' games, so maybe I'm just really refuse.

Re: For people who are at level 40 in Age of Empires Online

Some of the higher quests would be difficult without better gear and with advisors - not necessarily epic or rare, but it is hard to gear up completely with up to the current level green gear also. Don’t worries about getting to 40 by next week, just have fun now. There are a number of 40s out there (I am not yet but have been there a few times in beta) already. I will just keep on enjoying and learning the game more.

During the beta I found that getting to level 40 took great amounts of grinding the same quests over and over from about level 30 and up. This time around I'm taking my time, just playing 0-3 quests every day. I thought that they always had new quests for you. That wedges but do you have a verity of the same quests to do then at least you could still have fun. The F2P vs. Premium has little effect since you don’t get much in terms of Epic/rare gear. The advisors help a bit on certain quests.

If this is your first RTS, then you definitely would not be playing like the pros. Most pros have played at least 3 or more similar games in the past. I am close to level 39 now, and i did it without premium. The higher Argos quests could be difficult if you are new to rts games. They are a little easier with the Greeks, so you could try them out. But it wouldn't have taken me much longer if I was F2P. I would still be 40/40 with both civs now if I was.

I am level 40 with both civs with both premiums. Most of the time I spent leveling the large majority of my gear was uncommon stuff that was available to F2P users. The gear grind is when you get to 40. If you’re having trouble with some quests just come back to them later and try a different one. The biggest reason players got to 40 so quick is because we have experienced leveling multiple times and know the quickest way to do it.