Thread: How to counter an Egypt Spam as Greeks in Age of Empires Online

How to counter an Egypt Spam as Greeks in Age of Empires Online

I've played vs Egypt many times as the Greeks, and frankly, I don't like the Egyptians in this game. I feel like I'm at such a disadvantage as: They can train villagers whilst aging up. They have a cheaper aging up cost. They can train any counter to Greeks units from only 1 building. So what if Greeks have .1 faster gather rate, Priestesses empowering the drop-off point more than makes up for that right? They put pressure on me early forcing me to fight in age 2 while they advance to age 3 and end me with age 3 units (I very much dislike Chariot Archers.)

Re: How to counter an Egypt Spam as Greeks in Age of Empires Online

I played a game the other day and he was building a barracks right next to my base so I tore it down with vills, but my opponent very quickly dropped like 3 more down and was using 3-4 villagers there to build them...how in the world can an Egypt player afford to send 4-5 villagers forward and still have the resources to maintain his own economy and have the wood to mass drop training buildings? The game was only for 5 minutes or so into the game too.

His Egyptian chariots and mass units overrun all my military, even when I have 2 stables, 3-4 barracks and an archery range trying to pump guys out, I eventually can’t keep up all the unit production. My opponent trains just about every regular unit for a mix (no elephants this match) so what counter mix would you suggest. I was facing spearmen, axemen, some slingers, and Chariot archers supporting them.

Well you got to keep pushing when u got 140 pop until u win. Or push real early, when Egypt is still spamming barracks. Have you tried walling yourself in and letting him waste resources breaking through walls/towers/archers defense, while you slowly build your army to squish him? I'm not a defensive minded player (and can't play until the 16th, unless I get an invite still, that I'm no longer expecting), but It might be fun trying that out.

Spam walls Spam archers done your quite good always work for me. If I talk about the Eggy age 2 units that it’s weak. Attack in age 2 and keep pressure on. While spearmen, axemen, and slingers may read as counters they are still weak even with that "counter" bonus. Once eggy is age 3 and kiting with chariot archers it's over. I <3 chariot archers. Actually gman most people would say it’s the other way round. Camp in age 2 and push during age 3.

I think MasterGberry is to ask this too. He uses his houses, rax, arch ranges, stables, etc. buildings to his advantage. He sets them up in strategically locations, that choke point the enemy when attacking. I think this is important to do versus Egypt. Also versus Egypt I think a wall is too expensive early game. Instead I think you should build 1 tower near you rax, which should be near tc. Build a hypasist/ sari army.