Thread: Nothing appears after “updating launcher” screen in Age of Empires online

Nothing appears after “updating launcher” screen in Age of Empires online

Hi, I have purchased a game called Age of Empires online and when I clicked the launcher the only message comes with the black screen is like “updating launcher” and nothing appears on the screen after that, sp what could be the problem? I am quite sure as the game is installed perfectly in the machine but still the same thing is happening. what could be the reason any suggestion, and off course how can I resolve it?

Re: Nothing appears after “updating launcher” screen in Age of Empires online

though you are sure but still I think there is some problem in the installation itself, you should try to install t again in your machine and see what is happening next, and make sure that you have perfect setup from which you are installing, because if there is some problem with the setup itself then you may get the same problem even after reinstalling it as well. Thus make sure that you have perfect rather correct setup files.

I was also having the same problem when I was loading the launcher and you are experiencing this because while the launcher replacer in other words the black screen that you're seeing doesn't have correct permissions to shift the updated launcher into the AOEO folder. And at that time the primary and most effortless likely solution is to run aoeonline.exe but make sure as administrator only, so that you’ll not have any accessing errors.

there is another way as well through which you may find the solution for the same as I have done the same thing, while installing the game to any directory in your machine you have to copy the path, and when the installation finishes you need to paste the path to my computer and so that the actual directory will be opened, and when you click the button play and the black screen appears on the screen again at that time you need to delete two files called AOEOnline.exe and AOEOnlinereplace.exe and after that from the temp folder you have to select all the files and move them outside the folder and you are ready to play the game.

Thanks for the suggestion dude as I have done the thing that you have mention in the comments but still I am having some problem with the game as it stuck their only as I mentioned and so what could be the problem now? I have tried the second method as well but still I am having the same glitch, is there any problem with the operating system as well? Because I have heard that there are too many problems with the windows 7? So is it because of that?

No I don’t think this is because of the OS that you’re using in your machine but surely there is some problem with the game setup only thus according to me you should try to get the same setup again from the internet and then install it in the machine again and then follow all the steps mentioned ahead, I was also having the same problem but it is been resolved after doing this, so just have a try.

If you are still pursuing the problem then according to me you should try to install the game in other directory as I have done the same thing because there was some problem don’t know what was that exactly but after changing the path it was been installed perfectly, thus I am recommending you the same thing, but if this is also doesn’t work then you should try to contact the AOE support team for the same, as they may help you for sure.

I had the same problem, It's a registry issue. Use a program: Ccleaner , run the registry scan and fix and you should be good to go.
    Last edited by Maqbool; 23-08-2011 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Removed external links