Thread: Resistance 3: Bullseye Bombs

Resistance 3: Bullseye Bombs

I just played through the demo of this game. But somewhat shocking wasn't included. The use of bullseye bombs! Why were they taken out? Who decided on this? It doesn't matter, we spoke to the producer and quizzed him over the matter and he rather shyly confessed that they had been removed. But he was all for them coming back, he took down some notes of our criticisms and said he'd gladly join our cause to bring them back! So if there is one thing we should bring back.

Re: Resistance 3: Bullseye Bombs

I am all for Bullseye bombs returning. Not many people took advantage of them but I sure did. It was fun making traps and taking out Chimera with them. And in online play, they are a blast when able to be pulled off! I remember winning a conversion game because of a Bullseye bomb. It was on Subway. The guy was a Chimera and I was a human. He was dug in behind the one train car where the Shotgun spawns. He was waiting for me to charge in guns blazing. Instead, I equipped my Bullseye and shot a tag back there.

For the nostalgic factor, of course, but if there is a chance of breaking any compensation (which I doubt), then no. As bombs target or trap, which occasionally uses one or two in the story mode, but only once got a killing online with them? I had the thing explode, but I shot the ground with a label, locked it, putting some bullets in the air, and then moved the label on the floor against an opponent in place, and frankly, it is funny. I wish these to be back now that I think.

Fire a tag while holding the secondary fire button, keep it held, there will be a confirmation beeping when the tag is locked, you can either let go of secondary fire, or keep it held if you're waiting for someone to come near the trap. Then fire as many bullets as you can, it'll stop you once you have the maximum bullets allowed in the trap. You can either hold secondary fire again after previously releasing it to detonate it, sending the bullets all over the place like a hedgehog or you can aim at someone or tap the secondary fire to send the trap with all the bullets at someone, if you manage to tag them without hitting an object, it should be an insta-kill.

It has been said many times that IG listens to the fans yet they diverted from weapon spawns, spectating options, air vents, etc. Neither RFoM nor R2 were balanced so how can you assume everything will be fixed now? One of the moderators here also said that feedback was better in the past during RFoM, well how many people at that time were asking for Move and 3D capabilities? And how much better did the game become after RFoM?

As far as the tag being cheap, I don't think it is. You have to anticipate someone coming, set it up, and then hit them with the tag, or die. It takes a few seconds to register the "bomb" tag, so you're vulnerable during that time. In addition to that, you have to get the drop on your enemy and hit them with the tag; otherwise you'd get killed (in all likelihood). They weren't like the lark where they have splash damage, etc (though occasionally some bullets would graze a missed target). I never found them to be cheap or even frequently used in MP.