Thread: Refunds for From Dust Game for Steam users because of DRM

Refunds for From Dust Game for Steam users because of DRM

All those who are facing problems because of the Always On internet Connection required for playing the game have a good news. All those who have downloaded the game from Steam are offering refunds to the users because of the mischaracterization from the company Ubisoft about the game. It happened because, Ubisoft mentioned on their site there will be no DRM in the game and only one-time activation. But it was a big fat lie, as the user had to log in to Ubisoft account in order to play the game each time. It has caused many problems to users and they demanded refunds.

Re: Refunds for From Dust Game for Steam users because of DRM

That’s really a good news for Steam users, they have restored faith back in us. I had myself complained about the DRM issue and demanded a refund. Hope, they accept my request and give me back my money, as I am fed up with the game.

The most recent news in this case is that Steam Support has been denying the refund requests for many people and giving it to only a few cases since there is a huge influx for refund of the game ever since the news spread. So, you will have to give a very valid reason so that you can have your money back. Like, if you want to get the refund state clearly that you can’t play the game because of the DRM present which the Ubisoft lied you about. Just recently I gave a valid reason for cancelling my pre-order of some other game and I was granted immediately

Can I also state other reasons like the lack of graphical options, mouse unplayibility and the horrible port from the console. This game is just horrible and I want my money back soon enough. I also have a problem, this game has been gifted to me, so how can I get the refund for such a case? And where exactly should I contact them to state my refund request?

Just go to the steam’s official site and mail them your reasons specifically. In the case of gift, I think you should try sending them the ticket and tell them about the original owner of the game. Steam will refund it back to the original owner’s steam wallet.

All of the requests for refund for the game have been bluntly denied for this game. There is no way to get a refund this was all just a fake news or maybe they stopped giving refunds after seeing so many requests to get a refund. So, all those wishing their money back just forget it for now and never ever trust Ubisoft to make a good PC game. Maybe we can try to send a mail to ubisoft itself stating our reason for a refund maybe they see the case allow us the refund that we deserve. Just state all the correct laws and the misrepresentation they did are illegal and require criminal action, and I am sure they will give you refund soon enough.