Thread: Is L23 Fareye been replaced by the Deadeye in Resistance 3

Is L23 Fareye been replaced by the Deadeye in Resistance 3

Has the Fareye really been replaced or have we just not seen or heard of it yet? Personally if the Fareye has been replaced, that kind of wedges since it’s an awesome weapon. The Deadeye some what seems over powered, as for what I have seen so far. (Haven’t played the game yet so can't really say anything, but still. I've seen gameplay where a shot to the chest got people killed in one shot. The head yes ok understandable, but chest I don’t know.) What do you guys think though? If it is replaced, will you care?

Re: Is L23 Fareye been replaced by the Deadeye in Resistance 3

The primary stuff felt just like the Fareye. The only difference I felt was in the scope / alternate fire. You're right we won't know anything about balance, but from what I played (and have seen) everything looks pretty much spot on with the Fareye, just a new cope / weapon model and the addition of an alternate fire. I was just curious as to what he thought was too powerful about it. I'm assuming he meant the 1 hit alternate fire, which could definitely be deadly in the right hands. Even still, it is running on limited ammo and I was terrible with it, rofl.

When I sat back away from fire I got a 6 kill streak with it and I'm assuming that is one of the worse maps for the sniper. The secondary is a really easy kill, it's definitely OP. But it feels different from the last snipers so it's hard to tell if it will be better or worse until we get the beta. Plus, from a game design perspective, it's important to try and have your primary and secondary fires to be the same across SP and MP and the Fareye sort of prevents that.

Here I just wish to add something. Doubt it, but maybe, just maybe, they'll make it a DLC weapon skin for the Dead-Eye similar to the CE Wraith. I guess for a sniper, it would be hard to differentiate the two. But a lot of fantasy shooters have 2 of the same weapon. Like in this game, there's the carine, and the bullseye. Both similar because they're assault rifles. But have different aspects that make one better than the other is some way.

I don’t know how the deadeye would be less 'accurate'. I only said that as an example. my point being that both snipers would have their pro's and con's and just like the carbine and bullseye some people will prefer one sniper over the other and vice versa. I am also not saying that weapons alone would make it a great game. What I meant was that it may encourage more players of different skill to play R3 because there would be a bigger range of weapons for people to choose.