Thread: Age of empires online play button not working

Age of empires online play button not working

I am having an issue with the Age of Empires Online on the computer of mine. after starting the launcher on the computer of mine I am not able to click on the play button of the game. the play button of the game is seems to be disabled. Let me know if you are having any specific solution to get the requirement of mine. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Age of empires online play button not working

Well to figure out the root cause of the problem I am asking following question which you should answer. Which operating system do you have installed on the computer? what is the hardware configuration of the computer? do you have done any changes on the computer? do you have installed all the necessary drivers? I am waiting for the answers of the above mentioned questions as early as possible.

Looking at the situation I am suggesting following solution which you should try to fix the matter of yours.
    • You should locate the exe file of the game and you have to right click on the same.
    • From the right click context menu you have to choose the Run As Administrator.

Now see whether the thing is working for you or not.

Well in this particular situation I am suspecting that the firewall which you have installed on the computer. I mean the firewall might be blocking the game. you should disable the firewall and see whether it is working for you or not. if the issue is resolved then you should configure the firewall so that the issue should not persist at all. Also you should perform the port forwarding on the router to resolve the issue.

I am wondering that there is a corruption of the game which you have installed on the computer. well I am suggesting that you should reinstall the game so that the issue which you have mentioned over here should not be persist at all. Well you should uninstall the entire game from the computer and then you should reboot the system. After that you should try to install the game and then you should play the game on the computer of yours.

Well after looking at the post I am suspecting that there could be bug issue associated with the game. the bug issue can be resolved by the developer of the game and to do the same you have to contact the developer of the game and file a bug report to them. The developer of the game find out which part of the code is causing the issue and they will fix the same and release the patch.

yes.. executing as admin worked for me, i had exactly the same problem. thx!