Thread: Unable to update after reinstallation of Age of Empires Online game

Unable to update after reinstallation of Age of Empires Online game

Hello everyone I have installed the Age of Empires Online game on mine system and I don’t have any issue but recently mine game has been courted and after that I have reinstall the Age of Empires Online game again. But after reinstalling the Age of Empires Online game I am not able to updated and when I tried to updated get the message saying that already updated and even not able to play the game. When I click on the play option I have got the error message saying that:” nonexistent file granny2.dll”. Now I don’t hot solve the issue, can anyone suggest on this issue.

Re: Unable to update after reinstallation of Age of Empires Online game

Before reinstalling have you uninstall the Age of Empires Online game? While reinstalling Age of Empires Online game you need to uninstall game and after that make use of the some of the registry cleaner on your system. So I would like to suggest you to make sure this and after that let me know the issue. Even I have faced this and after that I have reinstalled game but before that I have uninstalled the game and after that run the registry cleaner.

I need more information on this and so therefore I would like to suggest you to go through the below location:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires Online
    Once you locate to this location and after that make sure is there any granny2.dll file. Just go through this and after that post me on your next reply.

Hello thanks for replaying and I would be pleased about your answer. As you said that I have uninstalled the Age of Empires Online game before installing but I didn’t install any registry cleaner on mine system. As given on the second replay I have located to the location but I didn’t got the any file related to granny2.dll file. Other than granny2.dll file I have got the below files:
    AOEOnline
    AOEOnline.exe
    AOEOnlineReplace
    dirFile
    LauncherLocList

Hello thanks answering and I think your game file are corrupted fully and so therefore you need to make reinstall the game again and after that your able to solve the issue. To make reinstall Age of Empires online game you need to uninstall game and to do this make click on the start icon on the desktop and after that click on control panel. Now on the control panel go to the add/remove program and after that uninstall the Age of Empires Online game and then reinstall the Age of Empires Online game again.

As you said that you have issue on the granny.dll and so therefore I would like to suggest you this and after that go through your issue. to do this launch the game and after that don’t make click on the play button just click on the full screen and after that play the game. I would also suggest you to redownload the GFWLClient.exe and then make sure your facing the issue or not. To do these make click on the games under start option and after that select the Games for windows marketplace and then choose the GFWLClient.exe.

Its sounds like something wrong with your graphic driver and so therefore I would suggest you to make uninstall existing graphic driver and after that install the latest graphic driver on your system and then your issue will get solved. To uninstall and install the graphic driver you need to open the device manger and to do these make click on the start icon on the desktop and after that click on the search. Now on the search type: device manger and after that click on the ok button. Now on the result make double click on the device manger application and after that locate to the graphic driver. Now uninstall the graphic driver and after that install the latest graphic driver.