Thread: Which strategies you use: Booming, Rushing or Turtling in Age of Empires Online

Which strategies you use: Booming, Rushing or Turtling in Age of Empires Online

What types of strategies does everyone use? I have always liked strategy games but usually not done so well, trying to get better and figure out what I have been doing wrong. I will have people farm supplies and get a small defense of soldiers. Though I still lose my supplies go up to slow to advance and put up a fight. I win against the computer easy. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong when it comes to PvP. Anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Which strategies you use: Booming, Rushing or Turtling in Age of Empires Online

Well you always want to be getting villagers. Never stop building villagers until you reach about 100 villagers. Sometimes I even get over 100 villagers. You always should also continue building barracks, archery ranges, and stables. Also you need to learn to adjust to new plans. I won't be giving you any "strategies" of my own on how to do better, because I believe that to become the best PVP player of your capabilities, you need to find your way the there, by yourself. Good Luck.

Re: Which strategies you use: Booming, Rushing or Turtling in Age of Empires Online

I like to rush and annoy and put on constant pressure and make sure they don’t get further expansions, therefore I will win. This game takes a lot of practice because it is all about having zero downtown of production, workers, and having little to no excess resources. Have a varied army. Keep training economic units until you reach about 60 totals, and make sure you are upgrading their efficiency.

It is a good idea to rush fast that way you can put pressure on the enemy. The more pressure applied on the enemy means that the enemy will become more parnoid. When your enemy is parnoid, they won't attack, because they are worried that you may have the superior force to them. However applying pressure doesn't mean that you would for surely win. There are many times when someone else will have had a larger force than you. You can never assume that you have the win guaranteed.

The most important thing is controlling the map and denying map control to your enemy. This way you will have a lot of resources (assuming you are constantly trailing villagers) and you will be able to train a better army than your enemy and eventually win. Also whenever you have the chance target your enemy's villagers and generally your enemy's economic units (fishing boats, caravans, villagers) never give map control to your enemy without a fight.

When I realized that i should not just give up on controlling the map won a lot of matches. Also try to make an army that counters your enemy’s. How do you know what his army is made of? Keep scouting! Have fun PvPing .i hope you do well. You can have as many as your enemy! Remember that both of you will have played the same time and will have almost the same economy so if he goes for toxotes go for sarrisophoroi, if he goes for spearmen and so on!

Is there truly any tactic other than rushing that works anymore? It seems like RTS games are all about the rush, and while you rush, boom. There can't be another tactic to win by, it seems. Am I wrong? All I know is, being rushed is annoying. It's nice to see the whole tech tree. I wish there was a way to counter rushes easier in these games. Epic battles with many high end units would be fun to carry out, but I know that won't happen in PvP.