Thread: Age of Empires Online: Free 2 Play

Age of Empires Online: Free 2 Play

Here I have some things which we need to do and we can assess it our self. 5. Increase Grind for F2P (Less rewards (XP, Coin, Empire Points) and takes x3 or x4 to get to level 40)-keep drop chances the same. F2P Civs are rotated at random so you can play Greeks and Egyptian 1st month, Celts and Persians 2nd Month. You keep cities but can’t play unless the Civ is on the current roster. (You can do weekly rosters if you like). Allow mailing on non rostered civs just disable quest button. 8 Civs = $80 max. Add Resource Packs for purchase $5 - x200 of each resource x100 Rare Resource x50 Epic Res. + 3 random epic or rare recipes.

Re: Age of Empires Online: Free 2 Play

The other man's grass is always greener than yours. They can't always give you everything for free. They need money. The system is good how it is. Your system goes against everything this game has promised. You have to understand that they aren't going to give everything for free expect 10% of the game. They will need to give most of the game for money, they can't give you anything. We need a couple things to get people to stop complaining, and complaining.

If someone wants to spend money than they should be allowed to, but at the same time those who want to play for free should also be allowed to. Buying some recipes and resources is not going to make anyone win. Having better XP and coin drops from content packs is not going to make anyone win either. All those things will only affect PvE side of things. PvP players can cut the crap and just buy resources and epic recipes, XP faster and start playing the only part of the game that matters.

2 coins + 2 xp would make you win everyone who don't pay in low level pvp because of far better items, definitely a bad idea, and the buying system of this game is just fine, it's far better than a monthly fee, you pay what you won’t. You can play every civ and do their quests for free (except pro civs) and you buy only those you like. You can buy what you want and it won't cost that much considering the time you'll spend on it! And for those saying the price of each civ is high, they need benefits and to maintain servers).

I am discussing the F2P component and not whether I feel sorry for poor Microsoft who needs money to make more money. All I am saying is that the F2P option is too restrictive and doesn't feel like F2P. It should make a person feel like they are playing for free to a certain extent. At the same time there should be incentive to buy the game. Maybe the resource pack was a bad idea looking back, but the other stuff still stands. I am sure on release they won't change any of this but I am betting it will change 6mnths into the game.

So you’re saying that PVP shouldn't get what they want, but you should get what you want? Where is the fairness in that? Yes, I know, life isn't fair, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't try and make it fair. PVP players are a HUGE part to a game. They keep the game going. They give the game a reputation. They ARE the games life after 2-3 years of development. PVP players a huge part of the game. They aren't little bugs that you should just stomp on.

If someone wants to spend money to get better in the game, well then there seems to be a large pack just for them: the $100 bundle pack. This game isn't made to be a P2W game. Most MMOs lose all F2P aspect because of unfair advantages for players who want to play. There are many people out there that want to be competitive but can't afford it. Therefore this game offers them the chance to play against other F2P players instead of getting bashed on by the P2W players.

I pay with my money and played beta and pre-release (beta since late 2010). This game is playable free for civs you want to play sometimes to quest and some pvp against other free players, other civs you're hardcore playing on can be paid, so again : you buy only what you want. I am discussing the F2P component and not whether I feel sorry for poor Microsoft who needs money to make more money. I will learn you something; gpg will have some of the money too.