Thread: PvP Freedom in Age of Empires Online

PvP Freedom in Age of Empires Online

PvP is what makes these games classic, and not the 1-player quests. The only reason many people have gotten into any of the "Age of" games is to compete against others online. There should be an option to circumvent all quests and training to allow for PvP on an even playing field. Many fellow players have already abandoned the game because they don't want to spend the hours to learn how to farm, raise an army, etc. I know this would hurt the theme of "growing your civilization", but people who came to PvP should have a way to PvP freely and fairly. I would suggest keeping the current PvP system in place, but also add a separate PvP server with all of the technologies available for people who just want to compete online.

Re: PvP Freedom in Age of Empires Online

This isn't made to focus on PvP, but is spread across Questing and PvP to appeal to a broader range of people. We already know that PvP is what makes games go on, so you don't need to tell me that in the next post. This is just the way it is. I am in no way a really competitive player, but this is still a number one priority for me. If an RTS isn't taken seriously by the competitive community I can't either out of principle. In the long run these games are ALWAYS about good PvP, and a large number of options for PvP.

I still haven't played any of the campaigns in AOE, AOE II, AOE III, AOM, and AOMTT. And I've been playing for well since AOE came out. But I guess it is a different game or collection of mini games. The one part that was the most worked on was the PvP and the least worked on was the PvE, yet when we play it is the reverse. But I guess when we all reach level 40 have all the top gear no-one will be really complaining (much).

Pro civs are designed to skip all the level 1-20 stuff for those who are more experienced / people who prefer PVP. As for your statement of "most people have gotten into any age of games" to compete with others online - generally speaking that isn't correct. It does happen to be what you experience most if you play pvp, but even with the older age games, more people will play single player / campaign than focus on PVP. Having said that, we did design pro civs to help you skip the low levels if you like PVP.