Thread: Getting Error code 80070422 on Age of Empires Online game

Getting Error code 80070422 on Age of Empires Online game

Installed the Age of Empires Online game recently and I am using the windows XP operating system. I have downloaded the game from the official website and installed without any issue but I am not able to play this game due to the error code. After installing whenever I launch the game I have got the error code saying that:” 80070422” and after that I am not able to play or do anything. Now I don’t what to do and how to solve the issue, can anyone suggest on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue.

Re: Getting Error code 80070422 on Age of Empires Online game

It sounds like you have issue on the version of the Direct X and I think you have not installed the latest version of the Direct X on your system and so therefore your getting the issue. to make solve this error code you need to install latest version of the Direct X on your system. Go through the official website and after that install latest Direct X on your system.

Try to make windows updated on your system and after that go through your issue. To make windows updated you need to go through the below steps: first make click on the start icon on the desktop and after that click on the control panel. Now on the control panel make double click on the windows updated and after that make click on the check for updated button on windows updated windows. Now after some time you will get the updated and after that install it on your system and then reboot the system for best result.

I have gone through your issue and I have faced these type issues and after that I have made below steps and after that I have solve mine issue. To solve this issue you required make a new GFWL account on Age of Empires Online game and after that you can solve the issue. Just make a new GFWL account on your game and after that go through your issue.

Run the game on the compatible mode, first of all locate to the below location:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires Online (location may be different just open the location where you install the game)
    Now on the Age of Empires Online folder go to the AOEOnline application. Now make right click on the AOEOnline application and after that select the properties and under that go to the compatible mode tab. Now on the compatible mode tab make choose windows 7 on drop down and after that your issue will get solved.

If now also your issue will not solved then there might some wrong with your Age of Empires Online game and so therefore I think you need to reinstall the Age of Empires Online game and after that issue will be solved. Before installing the new Age of Empires Online game you need to uninstall the game and after that rebooting the system. First uninstall game and also remove the all files and folder related to the Age of Empires Online game. once you done and after that install new Age of Empires Online game and after that launch the game.

Its sounds like something wrong with your graphic driver and so therefore I would suggest you to make uninstall existing graphic driver and after that install the latest graphic driver on your system and then your issue will get solved. To uninstall and install the graphic driver you need to open the device manger and to do these make click on the start icon on the desktop and after that click on the search. Now on the search type: device manger and after that click on the ok button. Now on the result make double click on the device manger application and after that locate to the graphic driver. Now uninstall the graphic driver and after that install the latest graphic driver.