Thread: Gpu Overheating while playing Age of Empires Online

Gpu Overheating while playing Age of Empires Online

Hello friends I have found that this is the first game which has been overheating my system, my NVIDIA 9800GX2 gpu has been over heated and this is making me very nervous now, can anyone tell me that is this a problem with everyone or only I am facing this problem, or this game has some problem with it? Please help me guys I am really very upset with this please help me and give me some solution.

Re: Age of Empire: Overheating Gpu

Well I don’t think there is any problem with this game the problem is with you system and its first time your system has started with the problem of GPU you need to check that and then get some help regarding that I don’t think there is any game which would create such a problem and this game no way till now I think lots of people have been playing this game and I haven’t found anyone with this problem I don’t know how you are having the problem I am sure that you have some problem with you configuration.

Are you sure that this is because of the game have you checked out that the fan and all the ventilation has been proper just check them out and see if they are properly clean and been working and that is the most, many time such small problem does occur and then people think that this is because of the GPU and all so this needs to be taken care first and then the other problem can be with the GPU itself and you need to change it.

I would ask you to exchange it with your friend either insert into in to your friends pc and then see is it working fine over there or try it into your pc I mean try your friends GPU into your pc and play the game and see that is it playing and then solve the problem according to that I too don’t think that there is any problem with the game it’s just a problem with your GPU you need to check that and solve the problem. Best of luck hope it gets solved quickly.

Even i have never found this Game for getting overheated GPU i don't think this is ever true i cant say that you gpu is faulty but i would never accept that this game is responsible to have a increase in the temperature and i don't think this is a right idea to blame it without any reason many of the heavy and heavier game you must have used on your GPU why they dint made your GPU go over heated there must be som other problem you need to check out that and i dont think now there is any bug which would enter your GPU from the game and make it overheated so i think this game would never be responsible of that you need to look out for something else try to run some other heavy game and see if that is making your gpu heated too or not.

angry Re: Gpu Overheating while playing Age of Empires Online

No offence guys but this is exactly the type of half-ass help that drives people away from forums.

I'm experiencing something similar on my Samsung R580 notebook with a 1GB display card. I've run Civ5, Fallout and Fallout: New Vegas without a glitch (well, given that some display settings were lowered hehehe), but last night, playing for about an hour or so, my notebook just switched off. No nothing just off. Again today, I stepped out of the office with the game not even running for 30mins and again it just switched off.

I'm no expert, but I believe that is a temperature problem, and it ONLY happens while Age of Empires Online is running. So I ask you again, how can we figure out what the problem is? Any help would be appreciated.