Thread: Resistance 3: Weapon effects and melee

Resistance 3: Weapon effects and melee

I think that the resistance weapon fire effects require some development. Today’s shooters have much enhanced weapon firing effects as compared to the past but most of those games are rather modern shooters. This is mainly killzone 3 that I just played. The enemies respond to each bullet hitting them, making it feel more genuine, also sounds of the weapons are ideal. The complexity for the resistance is many of the weapons which are alien or incomparable to most weapons that we see today. I want to get other users opinion regarding this.

Re: Resistance 3: Weapon effects and melee

In my opinion, Enemy should respond to being shot by each bullet, in some sort of way even if subtle. I have 2 good reasons intended for this, 1 is the clear fact that it makes the combat feel more practical and other is because R3 doesn't encompass health Regen any longer. Health regen allows you to hide and get time to go return to full health but this game doesn't have that therefore when being surrounded by dozens of enemies then players require a way for winning the fight into a logical way.

If I as a player is combating a 2 dozen enemies with no regent then it would be rewarding if while I shoot an enemy that they sense it, therefore I can have time to aim at a an additional enemy, who might be shooting me. If I shoot them and they just stand there then it will sense as if there is just a barrage of projectiles which is hitting me and that is within a FPS would be actually irritating.

As far as I know that there are two kinds of lasers. The radiations type that burns, and the plasma type that is a force. Therefore when it comes to R3s weapons, they can either have a burn/singe through smoke effect on contact otherwise a push to gyrate the chimeran bodies and a hole through a bruise surrounding it. For additional modern weapons, it's as simple as taking inspiration from the military. I haven't actually seen these weapons, besides the mutator and glimpses of additional guns but just try to make it sound like badass as probable.

The meleeing was so disturbing. The player that was playing was horrendous and not the meleeing. When the chap as a matter of fact then it did ground some hits with bullseye and the fabrication looked like it unequivocally inched toward getting smaked in the appearance by the Hulk. This looked similar to a Rocky film when it hit them. My first slaughter on R3 will be a skirmish with the mutator.

It's a simple solution to make the game less hectic and more logical, to players playing it. Regardless of your strafing and aiming, if you have 2 dozen enemies around you, some that jump 20 yards, others that flank, and others that absorb a lot of shots, you will be shot a lot. So if you are trying to take down a big enemy and long legs are jumping over your cover you will begin to be shot and have to run for health.