Thread: Do Resistance 3 has Class based Multiplayer?

Do Resistance 3 has Class based Multiplayer?

It looks like that the game will contain a new World War “class-based” multiplayer flanked by the Humans and Chimera. It’s evocative of extra franchises with rival PS3 series Killzone that has undoubtedly had additional success as compared to the preceding multiplayer component seen within the Resistance franchise that left a lot to be needed. Other than this the game will contain the return of story-based co-op, through both online as well as offline split-screen support.

Re: Do Resistance 3 has Class based Multiplayer?

If this right then within this the R3 is slowly dwindling down although it’s should not do that. I have played Killzone 3 and the only fine thing regarding it is the clan tournament system, therefore if IG is looking to copy anything then this must be the same. If the multiplayer is class based then I will be really disappointed. I like how the comments in the link provided are praising R:FoM for its class based multiplayer that didn't exist.

Resistance 3 requires a bot gametype. That'll offer me as I exist a few miles away and don't have terrific virtual world. The Bots in Black Ops are the sole explanation I acquired it. Else wise I see no focus in paying $60 bucks for an average single player. It's off theme but I figured the dev's could recognize this point and its about multiplayer so it sort of fits.

Killzone 3 had the chance to be such a great game but the classes are just so exaggerated. They should have just left all the class abilities at level 1. It is just the basics. Engineers repair stuff, no need for bots. Tacts capture points, Markmans stays invisible for a little bit, that’s it. Just the basic class abilities would have been perfect. But Guerilla had to make the marksman jam radars and remain invisible even while running and firing. Seriously, that's just retardation.

To me this is really what I always needed for resistance used for the chimeran side since player as a Ravager in R2 was the same as playing any other chimera. I think as long as the classes feel "different" rather than superior meaning each class can do everything a normal class could do (select the same weapons, run, jump, etc.), but with one new different feature that separates them from the pack, basically keep it Balanced.

The health system in R3 supports the idea that there could be classes. There is no regenerating health at least in the campaign and I highly doubt there will be health packs in the MP although IG could surprise us. And in most class based FPS (BC2 & KZ) there is always a medic that goes around healing people. So far it looks similar to a class based MP bodes well the method the state of being framework is setup unless there is recovering in the MP or wellbeing packs. This could be truly disquieting if R3's MP is class based.