Thread: Cannot download Pre release of Age of Empires Online due to error code 0x800c0006

Cannot download Pre release of Age of Empires Online due to error code 0x800c0006

Well I am trying to downloading the pre release through Mail for this particular game Age of Empires Online. It is prompting an error message and I cannot connect with the server of the game. Also I am getting the error message while doing the same. I have searched on the Google to figure out the root cause of the problem but there was nothing. Let me know if you can provide useful information to fix the matter of mine. thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Cannot download Pre release of Age of Empires Online due to error code 0x800c0006

Do you have tried to reinstalling the game through the Windows Live Client? If you have not done the same than I am suggesting that you should simply uninstall the entire game and then you should install the game on the computer of yours. Make sure that you have restarted the computer after installing the game. I have noticed that the by using above mentioned issue many of the users have managed to fix the matter so try the same.

Re: Cannot download Pre release of Age of Empires Online due to error code 0x800c0006

To figure out the root cause of the problem I am asking following question. Tell me about the hardware as well as software configuration do you have installed on the computer? You told me that you are getting an error message while doing the same so post the entire error message over here. Let me know if you are aware of any additional information which will help me out to figure out the root cause of th problem.

Looking at the problem which you have mentioned over here I am suggesting that you should simply perform the full scan. Well you can get the Full Scan option from the game Option tab of the game launcher of the game. I am not sure whether the thing which I have mentioned over here will be useful to fix the matter of yours or not. I am hoping that it will be quite useful to make the thing working for you.

In this particular matter you need to redeem the code of yours into the game. you should do the redeeming of the code into the game through the Windows Client itself. To do the same you should go for the My Account and you have to click on the Redeem Code. Well try the thing which I have mentioned over here and let me know whether it was useful to you or not.

Well I am highly suspecting that the entire thing is happening because of the bug issue. It is impossible to resolve the bug issue on the forum however I am suggesting that you should contact the developer of the game and file a bug report. The developer of the game will fix the bug issue from the code of the game and release the patch which you should get from the official website and install the same to fix the matter of yours.