Thread: Unable to play Age of Empires Online on Netbook

Unable to play Age of Empires Online on Netbook

I am having an interesting problem and I wanted to share with the users of this particular forum and I am hoping that all the users of this particular forum. Well I have installed Age of Empires Online on the Netbook of mine. I am unable to figure out whether there is a bug issue with the game or there is an issue with the netbook itself. Let me know if you are aware of any possible solution to resolve the matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to play Age of Empires Online on Netbook

Well in order to figure out the root cause of the problem Let me know which brand of the netbook do you having? Which operating system do you have installed? Tell me about the hardware configuration of the netbook of yours? Do you have installed all the necessary drivers on the system so that you are going to have the smooth running of the game. Let me know if you are aware of any other information which will help me to figure out the root cause of the issue.

I am suspecting that there is an issue with the graphic card drivers which you have installed on the computer. I mean there could be corruption of the graphic card drivers or simply it could be out of dated. You should simply reinstall the drivers and see that the issue is persisting or not. If the there is no change in the situation I am suggesting that you should visit the official website of the graphic card manufacture and download as well as install the latest version of the drivers.

Looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here I am suggesting following solution which you should try to fix the matter of yours.
    • You should click on the Start button and simply enter DxDiag.
    • On the resulting window you have to click on the Display tab and then you have to look for the Direct 3D acceleration.
    • Once you have found the same you have to enable the same.
    • After doing the same you should click on the Ok button and then you should restart the netbook and try to play the game.

Do you have installed the latest version of the DirectX? If your answer is no than I am suggesting that you should simply install the latest version of the DirectX. You should visit the official website and look for the latest version of the DirectX. Once you have found the same you should simply download and install the same. After installing the latest version of the DirectX you should restart the computer of yours.

I think in order to fix the issue of yours I am suggesting that you should simply reinstall the game on the computer of yours. You should uninstall the entire game and also remove all the necessary files which are associated with the game. once you have done the same you should reboot the system and then you should install the game. after competing with all the above mentioned stuff you should try to play the game.

Well there could be an issue with the game itself. It is impossible to fix the bug on the public forum. Well to resolve the bug issue you should simply contact the developer team and file a bug report to them. The developer team will see whether exactly the bug is located and they will fix the same and release the patch which you should download and install on the game so that the issue should not persist in the future.