Thread: Age of Empires 3 Installation Error

Age of Empires 3 Installation Error

Hi,

I wanted to install Age of Empires III on my windows xp computer. So I inserted the CD into the drive, but I was told that several types of files are installed on this CD. So I retry the job I go into the folder AOE. I clicked on installation exe and it asks me the language so I put English, then the installation begins. After 3 seconds, the installation stops and a message appears:

"1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime."

why I am not able to install Age of Empires III ????
    Tell me what can I do to install the game normally

Re: Age of Empires 3 Installation Error

To remove Age of Empires 3 Installation Error, try to rename the InstallShield folder

• In Windows Explorer or My Computer, open the following folder: DRIVE\Program Files\Common Files\

• Click the right mouse button on the InstallShield folder, and then click Rename.

• Type InstallShield1 and press ENTER.

• Try installing the game

To resolve your problem Download and install the Newest Windows Installer. Download the file. Msu or. Exe files for your version of Windows. "X 86" means you have a 32 bit Windows. "X 64" means you have 64-bit versions of Windows. If you do not know the operating system that you download and install the x64 version. In the instructions, you will find information on the appropriate file to use.

You can solve this problem by locating and then closing the file IDriver.exe and msiexec.exe. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Open the Task Manager. To do this, click Start , Type taskmgr in the Search box, then click taskmgr.exe in the programs list.
    2. Under the processes tab in the Name column of the image, locate and idriver.exe msiexec.exe.
    3. Select each instance of these two processes, and then click End Process.
    4. Click on End Process for each window Task Manager window that appears.
    5. Close Task Manager.

Try creating a new user account with administrative rights. Then you can use the new user account to install the game to do this, follow these steps:

1. Click Start
    2. Then click the Control Panel.
    3. Click and protection of user accounts.
    4. Under User Accounts, click Add or remove user accounts.
    5. Click on Create a new account.
    6. Type the account name.
    7. Select the account type: Standard or Administrator.
    8. Click on register. Select the account you just created.
    9. Click on Create a password.
    10. Type a password for the user account. Enter also an indication password.
    11. Click on Create a password.
    12. Log out of your current account.
    13. Log in using your new account.
    14. Start the installation.

When you start Microsoft Windows, software's can start automatically with the operating system. These programs and services may include antivirus and system utility programs that may stop opening game. When performing a clean boot, you prevent these programs from starting automatically. You must be logged on as administrator or a member of the Administrators group to perform this procedure. If your computer is connected to a network, configuring network policy prevents you from completing this procedure.

Not sure if this is the right spot to ask for help but here goes. I downloaded age of empires fine once i tried to play the game it ask for my live id login. So after i sign in it says please wait this may take a few minutes and the bar pops up within a second it gives me this error code Ox80151906. I have tried calling everybody assoicated with the game and no luck. I would be grateful to anyone who could point me in the right direction.

Hi sipmysipsay,

The login.live connection process, taking a look around on both the net and though hex editing into the Games for Windows (Dead), the only thing I can say is that I'm appalled. Typically, it seems to be an error by microsoft because of some worst programming that I have seen so far, which is not yet resolved. Try to login after some time and you will not be getting the error code again.