Thread: Age of Empires Online: "An instance of the game is already running"

Age of Empires Online: "An instance of the game is already running"

When I was trying to launch the game then instead of launching the game, it shows me the message which says "An instance of the game is already running". This comes all the times when I try to launch it. I cannot understand that what is the reason behind this and how this can be eliminated. I hope that someone over here will answer to this question that how can I avoid this problem. Thank you so much in advance for replying to this.

Re: Age of Empires Online: "An instance of the game is already running"

You are getting that error message because you are running that game file without having the Administrator rights. So make sure that you have proper Administrator rights in order to avoid this problem. If you don’t have the rights then ask the admin of the system to provide you proper privilege to do the same. This is one of the most possible reason and solutions for this problem and I hope that it will be helpful to you.

First thing that you will have to ensure is that you have put all 3 AOEO as Executables (Spartan.exe, AOEonline.exe, AOEonlinerepleace.exe) to the Administrator. If you want to do that then you will just have to right click on that file and then choose properties. Now go to Compatibility and finally select Run as Administrator. So try to do that and it will solve the problem that you are facing.

You will not have to do much complicated things as mentioned in the above posts. All you have to do is just right click on the age of empires online shortcut and the popup list, select “Run as administrator” and this will solve the problem for you. I was also having the same problem and I did the same and now I am not having any problem with this. So I am quite sure that it will help you as well. Please try this and let me know that if this was helpful to you or not.

Press alt + ctrl + del button and that will open the task manager. Select the process tab from there and see if the age of empires process already listed in the running processes? If that is listed there then click on that process and it will be highlighted. Now from the bottom, select end process and that will end that process and after this you will be able to start the game without any problem. I hope that it will be helpful to you.

I put the Age of Empires Online game in a Public map and it already worked for me so you don't have to do complicated stuff

I hope

If the installed game is corrupted in your computer then also you may get the issues like this. If none of the available solutions helps you then there is only one solution that can do work for you and that is to reinstall the game. Just uninstall the game from your computer and after that install it over again. This will be helpful to solve the problem for you.