Thread: Corrupted Spartan catalog file in Age of Empires Online

Corrupted Spartan catalog file in Age of Empires Online

I have the pre release version of the Age of Empires Online that was downloaded and installed without any issue but the problem comes into view when I click on the 'play'. When I click on that then it starts the launcher and I get the message which says "The Spartan catalog file is corrupt. Perform a full scan to resolve this problem". But the 'Full scan' option is grayed out and so I cannot click on that.

Re: Corrupted Spartan catalog file in Age of Empires Online

There is one workaround for this issue and that is you will have to uninstall the Age of Empires Online as well as GFWL marketplace and after that install then both over again. This can solve the problem for you. This is the only thing that I can tell you for the time and hope that it will help you to get this solve. So do this and let us know that if this was helpful to you or not. Good Luck!!!

You should uninstall that and make the folder empty and accomplish the similar thing with the beta version. Once you are done with that then, restart the computer so that there will be noting in the memory and now down load that over again. Be certain that you do not modify the target intended for downloads. You can pick one secondary hard drive. Let’s see if we can have some other enhanced solution for this.

Do you have some antivirus installed in your computer? That might be blocking the access of the game to the files needed to run that. I know that there are very less chances for this but still it is possible. So you can try by disabling the antivirus and the firewall temporarily and then see if you are getting the problem with the game or not. If this is because of the antivirus or the firmware then this time you will not get that problem.

I don’t think that disabling the antivirus or the firewall will solve the problem for you. I am not able to able to understand that how this is related to the game. Anyway, reinstalling the game can help you. While reinstalling, you should keep in mind that you should install that with the recommended settings. If you do any changes to the settings without knowing the effect of that on the game then you might get the issues like this.

I solved it!!! Just press full scan before you pressing the play button and you will get much more files

I got this problam too, The Installation pretty much Freezes when showing the Error, I does not get to the end so I could do the Full Scan (Or I did not wait long Enough...), while installing Full Scan is blocked.

any1 got an Idea to how to solve it? Reinstalling doesn't seem to solve it.
    System rquirements maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by ardova View Post
    I got this problam too, The Installation pretty much Freezes when showing the Error, I does not get to the end so I could do the Full Scan (Or I did not wait long Enough...), while installing Full Scan is blocked.

any1 got an Idea to how to solve it? Reinstalling doesn't seem to solve it.
    System rquirements maybe?
    I also got the same problem and to solve this issue, all i need to do was delete everything including the Marketplace client and redownload and after that I reinstalled it to a different folder that I did in the past and it worked like a charm without any glitches. You can try to perform the same action and see if it works for you or not.

Reinstalling the game is the only possible solution for this problem and if you that’s not solving the problem for you then there is only one thing that you can do with this and that is to contact the support team. Ask them about the same and they will tell you know that what is the difficulty with this and how it can be solved.

idea Re: Corrupted Spartan catalog file in Age of Empires Online

I figured out exactly why the error is happening, its not too hard but the developers dont give two cents about free to play-players.

If you open up your game install folder you will see a couple application( .exe) files.

AOEonline.exe
    AOEOnlineReplace.exe
    Spartan.exe

Right click on spartan.exe go to properties and UNCHECK read-only.

The developers are too dim witted to create the file as a NON-read only exacutable, so the patcher cannot update that file and the whole thing fails.

Let me know if this works for anyone, or doesnt work for anyone.

FACEPALM
    Gas Powered Games
    Games for Windows Live
    FACEPALM

Doesnt seem to work for me, the read-only option was already unchecked...
    The PatchLog.txt tells me this:

000395 | ERROR fileRequest::update() reports HTTP download failed with:WinHttpQueryDataAvailable error!
    000395 | ERROR File fetch failed
    000395 | ==== Current download ====
    000395 | Download request file:[/content/spartan/production/5336/P0533600027.bin]
    000395 | Manifest reported size:472510171 CRC:CB1E09D
    000395 | Actual size:0 CRC:0
    000395 | Local file name:[art\Art.bar]
    000395 | Manifest reported size:1235191145 CRC:3A7A711D
    000395 | Actual size:0 CRC:0
    000395 | OS reports [407465271296] free bytes available on this drive [D:\Games\Age of Empires Online\]
    000395 | retryGetFileToDisk requesting file [/content/spartan/production/5336/P0533600027.bin] to location [art\Art.bar]
    000395 | Retry requested

Now i could be wrong but doesnt this look like the download is failing?

When anyone gets a Spartan.exe error then he should run the launcher and click on the ‘Options’ drop down, and then click on ‘Full Scan.’ Or else go to the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Project S and copy the files in the temp patch folder into the project s folder and then right click launcherupdate > run as adminstrator and the patcher starts working again.

Quote Originally Posted by ninja-x View Post
    When anyone gets a Spartan.exe error then he should run the launcher and click on the ‘Options’ drop down, and then click on ‘Full Scan.’ Or else go to the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Project S and copy the files in the temp patch folder into the project s folder and then right click launcherupdate > run as adminstrator and the patcher starts working again.
    Thanks for the reply.. but the Full Scan option is disabled so that wont work.
    And whats up with the Project S folder? I dont have it.. And i dont have a launcherupdate to run as administrator.. maybe you can be more specific?

run it in windows Xp sevice pack 2. it works for me.