Thread: What is the difference between the free version and retail box version of Age of empires online?

What is the difference between the free version and retail box version of Age of empires online?

I am big fan of the age of empires series. So I have all the previous games till age of empires 3 with me. When Microsoft has announced the game age of empires online I have waited for it to come out. Few days back I seen the preorder being taken by the site so I have also ordered the game age of empires online boxed version from the site. And now it’s in the transit now yesterday I heard that the age of empires online is free to play game. Is this true . and now I am having some question regarding this so what is the actual difference they have created in between the free version of game and retail boxed version of game.

Re: What is the difference between the free version and retail box version of Age of empires online?

I think its common confusion with people about the game. What I know about the age of empires online game retail version is you have access to the some of the premium contents of the game which is not available for the free version of the games. Free version people need to buy the content from the Microsoft store where you have the access codes with you which you can apply to it to get the content free of the cost.

Re: What is the difference between the free version and retail box version of Age of empires online?

You have one advantage with the purchase of the retail game. You will get the copy of the game with the disk which you will keep with you and use it when it is needed where the free version people has to use their bandwidth of internet to download the game. And no premium packs are available for them if they want those packs they have to purchase it trough the online store of Microsoft. The game is like Farmville if you want assets you have to purchase it where retail people will get that asset since they have the retail version of the game which has key for activation.

Yes the retail version has some premium content with it which they can use in game. You can see that the Greek civilization pack and Egyptian civilization pack will be offered to the retail version game free of cost. If free version user wants to use that content they have to buy the packages form xbox site. Also the booster pack whose content will be getting released soon will be also given free of cost to them. And as he said you have the retail game disk.

Yes the Greek civilization pack and Egyptian civilization pack will be good packages which will take you to the next level of the free to play game for those scenarios. This will give the access to the rare gear. You can have more warehouse storage in the city. Also can have more workshops. When the other player buy the content you will receive the coins for it. So those thinks will be not happening with the free to play version using player.

The free to play version of the game need to purchase all those premium packages as well as booster packages. You have the access to the exclusive Windy’s Wild Widgets Store, where you can buy or sell special ability items. Also the retail version has hotkey quick reference card. And have some limited edition posters and some advisor cards with it. Also has the instruction to download the free to play game.

So you want to know actually what the difference in free and retail version is. In retail version you will get all the below mentioned thinks which need to be purchased for free version users.
    1. You can unlock gear that makes units more powerful, with unique designs.
    2. In the Advisor Hall, you can unlock unique armored elephants and civilization powers.
    3. Full Tech Tree with fantastic end-game Star will be provided.
    4. You can set parameters for the gameplay in Player vs. Player mode
    5. Additional Inventory slots will be available for you
    6. No of workshops to create all the materials for crafting are more.
    7. Learn unit enhancements additional Craft Halls which will help to enhance the units
    8. You can spend Empire Points in the game.
    9. And finally you can earn currency from the stores in your Capital City.