Thread: Age of Empires Online missing granny2.dll

Age of Empires Online missing granny2.dll

I have some problem with the Age of Empires Online. Actually whenever I try to play the game then it shows me the error message which says “granny2.dll is missing”. This happens all the times and I am not able to understand that how it can be resolved. I thought to have some idea from the people over here. So if somebody over here has any suggestion that can help me with this then please let me know that. Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to this.

Re: Age of Empires Online missing granny2.dll

The error message regarding the Granny2.dll comes into view when we use or install some programs and the Windows het restarted. Granny2.dll errors comes when there is the situation that the make possible the elimination or corruption of the granny2 DLL file. In some of the cases the granny2.dll errors can also specify the problem with the registry or some hardware failure.

In some of the cases the granny2.dll errors can be caused by the virus otherwise because of the malware infection in your computer which leads to corrupt the DLL file. Other than this, it is also possible that the granny2.dll error which you are getting is associated with the hostile program which is masquerading like a file. So these are two possible things that come in my mind after reading ‘your post and I hope that it will be helpful to you in order to get this resolved.

I think that the granny2.dll file is changed in your computer due to some reason and if you want to undo that then you will have to do the system restore and that can help you to do that. Just go to the system utility and from there select system restore. Select the date when it was not showing you the problem and restore it to that date. There are more chances that restoring will get you out of this problem.

I cannot say it for 100 percent that it will solve the problem but what you can do is, update the drivers for all the hardware devices to the latest version of it available. I am saying this because that may be associated with the granny2.dll. This is one of the possible solutions for this. First of all, you will have to update the driver for the video card that you are using an d if that do not help you then you can move on to other hardware drivers.

I had the same problem i just had to put the Spartan file in the same map as the granny2.dll file so i could launch it. But my problem is that he needs a launcher to start it.

Maybe this'll help?

hi, i had the same pb . exist 2 solution to solve it:

first- when you lunch the game appear the first panel where you can click "play" ,don't clik play. This panel have a tool bar, go in option and click "complete scan". it will take time.

second- you go in the folder where the game have been install then find the right icon to lunch the game and instead of double click, you have to do a right click on it then choose the second line "lunch as administrator". If you run on windows this option should apppear.