Thread: Installing Age of Empires Online using non retail link

Installing Age of Empires Online using non retail link

I am waiting for the game form one month back when I have also applied for the beta when I know about it but cant able to get it. The game is really great. The game is free as well as has the great gameplay which will stick you to play the game for around the 48 hours. This is nice. It’s one of the biggest games ever launched by the Microsoft for free. So I want to know that is there any way to activate the game not from the main link but trough the non retail link so can anyone provide me the link.

Re: Installing Age of Empires Online using non retail link

Yes what you have said is right the game is really well build and 48 hours of game play will make me more liking the game. Yes many of the people needs the link of the Microsoft which will activate the non retail copy of the game age of empire. So don’t have the actual link but I will tell you where you can find it. Go to the age of empires online site then user this link followed by the game /install. This will directly install the game and you don’t need to require any key.

Yes the path is working it will take you to the install page. And gives you the 2 option one t create the account and install and play. So if you don’t have the games for windows live gamer tag then create it hear otherwise you can able to install the game and after installation play the game. It doesn’t ask for any keys or anything only when you start the game it will ask you to login t the games for windows live to get connected to the game server.

Yes it’s working. If anyone wants to know more read this. So when you click on the install it will asks for the path where the game needs to be installed after that finish the installation. But the game is giving my friends some problems he can’t able to install the game he has downloaded it but it’s not allowing him to download. So I think the game is not installing on windows. So you need to have the operating system which is higher than the windows xp.

Yes I have also faced the same problem while installing the game I have windows xp with the service pack 2. So the problem is actually problem with service pack 2 so it is necessary to have minimum service pack 3. So trying to update it to the service pack 3 will enable you to install the game on the system. So try to upgrade to the service pack 3 with automatic update or download service pack 3 from the Microsoft side.

Yes there is some compatibility issue with windows xp service pack 2 so you need to download the latest service pack 3 from updates section of Microsoft site to get it. since many of the people using window xp service pack 3 also facing some problem while installing it so Microsoft has launched some hotfix to solve the problem so download it. it will have the link from the link he suggested to go to install the game.

I haven’t faced such a problem. Since now Microsoft has added the link to the page of the age of empires site which will help you to directly download the game on the system. It will download the basic game files and games for windows client as well as dot net framework and windows marketplace which is around total in size of 40 to 50 mb. After installation finish when we try to start the game it will download the actual patch which downloads the entire content. If you have games for windows client then go to this and search for the game age of empires online and click on the install it will also install the free version of the game only key will be automatically assigned for you while downloading it.