Thread: Age of Empires Online: Is Crete still in Beta

Age of Empires Online: Is Crete still in Beta

Crete works on solo mode just fine. But two games in every five I am co op with someone and that yellow text on the right hand side below the score on the screen never shows. I have learnt that when you don't see it, it means only the host will receive a reward for completing the quest. Did you need more feedback on other bugs involved with Crete or shall we wait for launch? More than likely there will be a patch for release which made me ask this question.

Re: Age of Empires Online: Is Crete still in Beta

Noticed this bug, also the toxote opening seems to be completely imba at times where the AI just has a constant flow of units. In one game I played tonight the flow kept coming. There were about 15 rax/stables questing units and we popped heroic aid consumable and the flood just kept coming. Then strangely in the middle it declared the game over and we had won. I don’t know if this is some kind of bug or there is a timer on each round. I thought each round had a set number of units but this was just insane.

After playing this quest for the greater part of the day, I have to say I am disappointed. The reward you get for each difficulty setting is way too little. The only reason to play this booster is for the unique building, which I don’t want. Gear acquisition is easier through Argos/Cyprus quests. XP is too low. There are a lot of unique yet useless consumables. The gear is better elsewhere. The shops are overpriced and the gear in the shops can be found elsewhere for cheaper prices.

Absolutely no incentive to play this at present. This needs the booster put back in booster pack. What is with the score system? This makes me think the quest is still in beta. From what I can tell the score is based off your kills. But because your killing every unit that is generated it’s a given what your score is going to be. And the difficulty settings are screwed. I can play level 40+ impossible and own with against a spearmen start. Yet I can get beaten on a level 30 if it’s a toxote start.

The problem is if you only play this and future boosters the way it is currently setup, you will be paying to lose. Because every scenario possible, whether it be gear or XP or whatever, you are worse off than the F2P quests/PvP etc. The whole concept of boosters is to decrease the grind in the game, not to boost the amount of grinding you have to do. Simply because a booster boosts your XP doesn't make it a pay to win scenario. There are plenty of games out there with boosters that do just this and no one would dare claim they are pay to win.

Here I just add something. I noticed this day one on this booster pack. Temple of Minos 40 x 3 mats takes 8.5 hours, not because of skill but due to the time it takes to end the 30 waves. 42 mins for the 30 wave to complete which gives 10 mats. 120 mats would take some players a month to collect if done over a longer time span. I will just build this one and be thankful that I didn't select the building that takes 100 x 3 mats to build.

The Defense of Crete is very anti-climatic when looking at the promotional video. From the video it looks like you have a whole bunch of time to build up an "epic" defense to hold off against the horde. However it turns out you only have a few minutes which pretty much only gives you enough time to build a few buildings and get some troops out. So much for the epic walling, towers and large army defense. What’s in the booster pack, really doesn't match the video.