Thread: PvP in Age of Empires Online

PvP in Age of Empires Online

Anyone here has any idea or heard the news about PvP? I just want to know about this and for that I search on many sites and also receive some comment/ reply from developer. They say: We've heard what you've been saying about gear in PvP. So we're adding a brand new store in Sparta, just like Moe's Mysterium, in which you can trade Sparta coin (which you gain through PvPing) for a chance at getting good gear chests. Any more news about this?

Re: PvP in Age of Empires Online

Will the rewards be changed for PvP even with this store added soon. It's pretty difficult to collect Sparta points at the moment. Even if the rewards don't change, I think a lot of the PvP players will be happy. At least now we can get chests from PvP. Will the gear that we can find in "Sparta's Moes" also be non-tradable like in the other region stores e.g. the one in Cyprus and the older Mycenae and Argos stores? After all since the last build gear "bought" with faction points can only used by the person who bought it.

As long as the chests aren't insanely expensive it should be good. The current 13 Sparta points per win is kind of low. So far for me the average game has taken between 15-40 mins to finish, an average of 25ish minutes. It's also fair to assume the majority of people will lose half their games. So that’s 13 Sparta points per 50 minutes. Currently a level 40 epic Spartan gear is 400 points. That’s a total of around 30 wins (so around 60 games).

If a match lasts over 20 minutes, the loser should get a reward too (that’s not exploitable). It also means the loser put up a good fight and deserves a reward for that much game time. All Sparta gear cannot be traded. Note: This is already true, so going onto multiple accounts to avoid the point above (playing vs same person 6 times in one day) will not work. You get diminishing returns if you play vs. the same person more than 6 times a day.

Most simply - Increase Sparta points per win. The fact you can't trade Sparta items mean that’s even if somehow the system does get exploited, the only person affected is the exploiter. He can't make money from the exploiting. Match Maker will only match same person x number of times in x number of minutes. This isn't a complaint, just some suggestions. Thanks for listening to the pvp community we appreciate it.

Here I just add something about this. Either way a solution should be made for this. How people will match themselves up when there are 1000s of people on at the same time is interesting anyway. If Sparta points were increased let’s say 20 points per win, it would still take a long time to get lots of it built up. Either way, even if someone managed to exploit it, quests are way easier to exploit as it is (even if rewards were increased).

This sounds good but I think Dalzk has a point. Hence, when we have saris we must seem to have hypas, when we are tower rushing we must seem to be booming. When we approaching with our navy we must seem to have it idle. All of this is ruined by a single watch tower of course but it was worth a try. I disagree people at lower levels might take longer to finish their games. Hence, when we have saris we must seem to have hypas, when we are tower rushing we must seem to be booming.

Building/Conquering an empire is easy aka getting to level 40. Maintaining an Empire aka getting the best gear should be a tough task. If reaching level 40 is easy I don't think anyone cares too much about PvP exp rewards. Hence, when we have saris we must seem to have hypas, when we are tower rushing we must seem to be booming. When we approaching with our navy we must seem to have it idle. All of this is ruined by a single watch tower of course but it was worth a try.