Thread: Resistance 3 Collector's Edition

Resistance 3 Collector's Edition

What you all thought about Resistance 3 Collector's Edition? What do you guys want to see in R3 collector's edition, for me I would like to see a Black ops figure a behind the scenes DVD and an exclusive multiplayer skin a U.S Marine skin with customizable camo? If I talk about me than, I want an encyclopedia of everything resistance a couple exclusive items. So what you want from this Collector's Edition?

Re: Resistance 3 Collector's Edition

First I must say I like your thread and for me I just want a military guide book giving stats and in-depth pictures of all the chimera and military characters along with vehicles, history of the chimeran threat, and a science behind the Chimeran race. I also want character customization in the game. That way for the special edition they can give you a B.A. beard like in Medal of Honor so that it’s easy to separate the true fans from the rest on-line.

I would like to see it released outside of the US - If they don't want all the trouble of translating then they can stick to English speaking countries, little differences like spelling ( eg. color - colour, gray - grey ) and measurements wouldn't matter to anyone. BioShock’s 2, Mafia 2, Fallout New Vegas, Gran Turismo 5, Red Dead Redemption, GTA IV and many more Collectors Editions have been or will be released worldwide and the English versions all have American spelling.

I want a Resistance t-shirt. Stopped selling them and I can't seem to find them anywhere else. Unless someone can give me a link to buy some somewhere. I doubt that that would actually be included in the collector's edition though. I don't really care much about the material values that will be in the CE, but a multiplayer skin(s) would be nice. It's funny to watch when people notice that you have something out of the ordinary and will just follow you around and message you saying, "Where did you get that?"

Have any of you seen or used the MGS4 database that was released for free on PSN? A Resistance one of those would be great in a collector's edition. That thing had every single bit of MGS info you could want, so something with that much detail on Resistance would be amazing. No game logo, no giant face of Capelli or anything like that. Art book, they may be the default collector's edition stuff but I love art books. And what I would really love, which would probably be included in a bigger version of the CE would be a model Bullseye or Chimeran Skull like on the FoM box art.

I just looked it up and I have to say that I'm not too bothered that I missed out on it if that's all it had to offer, especially when compared to the R2 CE. It kind of shows how much you guys care about your non-US fans if the American-Exclusive R2 CE had a Hybrid action figure, an art book, an exclusive weapon skin, a book preview, behind the scenes DVDs and a comic book. While the (supposedly) European-Exclusive R&C ACiT CE only had a 3D game cover, a paper-thin art book and a PSN voucher for the Insomniac Moon which can be unlocked in the game anyway.

Editions of the best collection I've seen are MW2 vision goggle night and Black Ops "with the RC car with a camera in it. Never bought neither ever buys, but my point is that I would like to see go Insomniac 2 points beyond crazy. The game is supposed to be launched in autumn 2011 (more than likely in November), but let's put on the market in October. I think the R3 Collector's Edition should come with a full suit Black Ops to suit all cool with that mask and a carbine M5A2 Folsom size.

I was happy with how R1 did it. The R2 bosses were just lame and required no skill at all. R1 had large scale battles that could be taken any way that you wanted to take them; you could make your own path and use whatever weapons you had not used up all the ammo up on. That was the key to R1 being a lovable campaign for me (plus doing this on co op) and led to over 10 + completes. R2 was boring and linear. 2 complete and the 2nd time were only because I wanted the Intel + super human trophies. Skrew boss battles in FPS make epic battles like R1.