Thread: Resistance 3: Epic decision

Resistance 3: Epic decision

So what’s your decision about Resistance 3? Keep playing RFOM until insomniac get's a clue(Maybe they never will), Switch over to the dark side(Xbox 360), Spray it with holy water to kill the R2 demons that still lurk in the resistance franchise, Buy it anyway I am such a tool, Buy Killzone 3 instead? So which one you choose from this? For me I just disliked the online aspect of the game, took too long to rank up, and the stats page is more complicated.

Re: Resistance 3: Epic decision

I actually have a legitimist reason to hate R2, actually I have 4 reasons.

1. Didn’t have 1 Hit
    2. Didn’t have CTF ( I don’t consider core control real CTF, plus i loved RFOM's way of CTF, not like MW2's CTF it was horrible)
    3. The carbine wasn’t as accurate (I prefer accuracy over power, and I wasn’t going to use that over powered Marksman.)
    4. The CTF maps were not symmetrical or as big (I believe Manchester was the biggest MP Map I have ever seen b4 I played BC2)

And I talk about 4 of the entire community from a blow to those reasons, I disagree with the Berserkers, but I agree with the options and R2 should have had the option 2 play with or without Berserkers. The options game is better.

Fall of man was a fantastic game, resistance 2 was also epic. Fair enough there were some controversial decisions (such as boss battles and no campaign co-op) but i the end I really did enjoy playing R2 just as much as I did FoM. The higher difficulties in R2 just made it so tense at times it was hard to function but co-op would have brought the whole experience to higher levels (yes i am obsessed with co-op resistance). The poll its self is just self serving and childish. Although R2 did take a time line leap and for the life of me i couldn’t understand.

Well obviously if every1 is making a 1Hit game what does that tell u smart guy? Rhetorical question, because the answer is obvious it’s popular. I played ranked b4 I played 1 Hit and I am good at both, but in my opinion I think 1 Hit is more realistic. It’s obvious the people that don’t want 1 Hit as an option are trash at, but it’s the same in vice-versa, most 1 Hit players are trash at ranked but you don’t see them on here saying "Don’t put the ranked system in R3" do you? RFOM gave players a chance to choice between unrealistic gameplay and realistic gameplay.

I think the hate with R2 lies within that it wasn’t a clone of RFOM (except the 1-hit thing that should not have been removed) which is not a bad thing. You can’t just keep copy and pasting the formula because then you are just forking out 40 quid every 2 years for no reason. I'm sorry to say this but either way IG goes; people are going to be angry. There is no way around it and people have to get over it and I am not attacking any one here when i say that if it is not your own personally perfect game there is no reason to cry about it.

Competitive may be hard but once you get the 10,000 kills and, most probably, the platinum you realize it was all worth it. (That's if you are a Trophy/Resistance fan). Both games were different and I enjoyed them both equally. Both had faults but both achieved a 9/10 in Playstation official magazine - Uk which sums up that they were both good games (I only make judgments on that magazines scores.). If Resistance 3 scores that or a 10/10 I will be overjoyed.

What I hate about R2 multiplayer is the fact that it takes so much longer to rank up, and the stats page is more complicated, before(R:FOM) it just showed K/D, quits, Assist. And in big font too so that even if you’re using a regular TV to play you can read your stats clearly. In R2 they put it on the second page and they display Xp first (I would think most people would want to see their K/D first) and in small font. As for campaign mode I have few complaints such as: They don’t have the epic narrations with a character like Rachel parker giving a great story and making it more realistic.

I was thinking about the stats page thing when i was playing R2 a few days ago. The reason why it shows the exp is because it’s a profile page displaying all the sections of R2, campaign coop and competitive. Who wants to know your K/D in campaign and you would have to fit 3 K/D rates under coop. This would just look clumsy. I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with the stat page in R2. Its shows every stat possible but in chunks (like stats to do with hybrids in campaign and coop and gun stats) so you can skip through to the stat you want to read. I'm able to find everyone else's K/D easily.