Thread: 3D and Move Sharp Shooter in Resistance 3

3D and Move Sharp Shooter in Resistance 3

Is it true that 3D and Move Sharp Shooter are there in Resistance 3? I just see one pic of that on some site and I don’t know that it’s true or not. So here I am bit confuse because no other site or forums say anything about this. And its Move makes FPS a lot more fun. I can’t say that this came as a huge shocked to me, but it's still pretty exciting news. If nothing else, it'll just add more replayability to the game! Can't wait to hear more information!

Re: 3D and Move Sharp Shooter in Resistance 3

I can't wait for this I have the move all I need is a 3D T.V. MY real question is how good the 3d is and what’s the best type of 3D TV. Gives replay value even more so than normal! I just hope that they don’t have to make any exceptions for this. I at a standstill want the campaign to be 12+ hrs like R2. From what I hear the online is solid and will probably improve a lot still in the coming months till release. I just want a solid campaign now.

Don't know if you guys had the chance to play Uncharted 3 in 3D but from what I heard its sound amazing like for example the level when the mansion is on fire the embers actually feel like you’re surrounded by them. Really hope that you guys utilize 3D at the right moment. I would consider the Move Sharp Shooter if you include Move support on the beta to make sure you receive enough feedback so that the controls feels solid by the time the game is release and if you could make a special Move Sharp Shooter that is in a shape of a weapon from Ratchet & Clank or Resistance.

It’s interesting to see Insomniac take the 3D and Move route, like Killzone 3 - another flagship title giving Sony's new creations a big push. However, my opinion on this is mixed - very mixed and uncertain. I believe in constructive criticism though, and I hope it doesn't come off as flaming. Second of all, I do not have a 3D television, nor do I own Move - that may make my post sound bitter and that its only point is to complain about something I don't have. That isn't the case, and I really hope I don't come off that way. And despite my Halo references, I do not own an Xbox 360 nor am I a "360 fanboy."

I'm probably going to sound like a douche bag when I say this, especially since I don't have a 3DTV or a Move, but I feel that these gimmicky additions take away from time that could be spent adding useful features to the game. As we know from Killzone 3, 3D made the game take up double the space on the disc. It also seems to have hampered their development cycle, considering there are tons of multiplayer issues that they have failed to address, despite a whole month after the game's release (which is really killing the game's momentum and destroying peoples' interest in the game).

I find it horrible when technology like kinect/move/wii exists and developers build a game round it, it tends to not work. I think here Insomniac has made Resistance 3 and as they have a 3 year development cycle they've had time to incorporate 3D and Move. I really don't think that spending some time adding these features will have or had a negative impact. It’s highly unlikely I will use either feature myself but I'll still be buying the game.

I have not seen anyone here demanding 3D or Move support, let alone "overwhelmingly." What I have seen, however, is multiple things for custom games, an old school mode, etc. Sony wants their flagship titles to push their products, which is why I think Insomniac is including it, rather than the claim that the community demands it. While I do believe some people here want it, they pale in comparison to the masses who have been demanding features that should be included in an FPS.