Thread: what do you think about alpha protocol

what do you think about alpha protocol

Hello Guys I just have found Alpha Protocol for a new fiver from the website of PC world. I want ask from people out there has anyone of you played it? If yes what experiences you had with it. Well, I am expecting for a similar experience to mass effect (precisely because of Dialogue options) but clearly in an espionage setting. Guys do share your experiences with me I am waiting to hear it from you people. Do help me in this regard. Also do let me know your bad experiences if any.

Re: what do you think about alpha protocol

Alpha Protocol is played from a third-person viewpoint, making the player allow seeing Thorton and his environs at all times. As Thorton is a skilled CIA active, the tools at the player's removal include frequent firearms, hand to hand battle using Kenpo, and spy gadgets. In addition to the action elements, players also earn Advancement Points, which can be placed into any of the ten different abilities in the game. These skills will add to Thorton's ability to use certain arms and grant diverse abilities to him. These abilities can be used freely but they require a "cool down" time prior to their use again.

I have been thoroughly enjoying Alpha Protocol. The conversation wheel works slightly in a different way from Mass Effect, In that case you select a mood or tone as contrasting to what you will really say, but it works well. It’s alike ME2 in that the missions are comparatively precise and sweet - usually ending no more than fifteen minutes. There is a power-wheel of sort too, and some of the capabilities are really cool. If you specialize well in pistols you can release Splinter Cell-esque "mark and execute" ability for example. The voice work was also really great. You'll probably recognize a few voice artists from their work on Mass Effect or Dragon Age. I also really liked just how much your choices actually change the way that the story plays out. I would like to say that it’s the best game Obsidian has ever made.

I just have ordered it a only some days ago, and fingers crossed, the darn postman will be delivering it this afternoon or maybe tomorrow. Although I don’t have much of the idea about it originally, but as some of my friends have pointed out I heard optimistic things about the story/characters, and the way you can cover parts of the story through dialogues. Which might sound just like the kind of game I am going to enjoy, especially as it was so cheap? I am all excited about the game and eagerly waiting for it.

Well I would like to advise you that it’s an excellent game and you must be going for it The only negative aspect I found in the console adaptation is the graphics. Sometimes they don't load properly. Apart from that, it's a damn good game. There are a few clunky camera concerns, but these are easily pardonable. The choices system is nice too; some of them are less noticeable than “kill him, spare him” kind of things. Such as selecting to do a mission over a different one might irritate the person giving the mission to you.