Thread: No sound in games like Assassins Creed: Brotherhood, Gothic 3 and Splinter Cell

No sound in games like Assassins Creed: Brotherhood, Gothic 3 and Splinter Cell

I have a weird problem and can't find a solution anywhere. In the past two months I installed Assassins Creed: Brotherhood, Gothic 3 and now Splinter Cell and none of them has sound when i start the game. I really don't know what to do anymore. Please help.

Re: No sound in games like Assassins Creed: Brotherhood, Gothic 3 and Splinter Cell

First of all can you tell us what is your computer specifications that you are having? Which operating system have you installed in your computer/laptop? Have you installed the latest driver for the sound card in your system? Check the volume level and see if it not muted? Do you hear sound when playing any songs or watchin video from your computer/laptop?

The operating system is w7. It is not muted and i can listen or watch anything on my computer. And there's the problem that i don't know which sound card i have or how to find out which sound card i have. So i don't know if i have the latest drivers installed.

Ok, sorry. Found out which sound card i have, now to download the drivers and see if that was the problem.

Yeah, still not working.

Re: No sound in games like Assassins Creed: Brotherhood, Gothic 3 and Splinter Cell

Well, i dint had such problems with any of the games, even on windows 7. And as you saying that you already updated the drivers and also checked under windows sound settings, its coming very difficult to find out the problem. But anyways, i searched for some related problem and i found this:
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanInt View Post
    The optional solution is that you have to go in the control panel option and in that you got to check out the details of the audio drivers and then click on to the advanced-turn audio and then in to the accelerator to minimum and also make a note that this setting is only for the Assassin creed game and not for any other games. If your using it for any other game then it will only worsen the sound condition of the game.
    Also, check out this article, hope you get helped:
    Assassin's creed brotherhood sound issues fix