Thread: Resistance 3 DLC

Resistance 3 DLC

I would like to point out something about the DLC for R3. In R2 must of the DLC were skins, and a map pack that almost didn't work. So I would like to say some things. First, what do you think the DLC would probably be skins, maps, or some sort of expansion (new game mode for example). Second, how much you would will to pay for each map pack and skin. Third, basically a question to any insomniac out there who reads this, is there going to be an expansion, for example a Resistance Mode, a game mode (I'd rather have it as a patch) or some other thing?

Re: Resistance 3 DLC

Personally, I would like to see some good quality DLC. Insomniac is going to have to bring there A game with DLC if they want to keep people playing long after the release, especially since other shooters like BF3, U3, and MW3 drop later this year. Personally, R3 will probably be one of the last games I pick up this year, so I'm really hoping for some awesome DLC. Now in regards to DLC, I'm hoping to see new maps and new game modes that actually work! R2's DLC map packs didn't work for the game, so that was a big letdown. We already know that we're going to get new skins. The key to keep people playing is new maps and new game modes.

Would have been nice if the character were able to move like they did in R1, running in any direction without being slowed down. Harder on the hands when you are consistently pushing the run button. But, that may not be able to be fixed so here is what you can fix, have a DLC with symmetrical Objective maps." if you guys have not done so already. All you need is one, new or old doesn't matter, just asymmetrical. Most games do not have that.

If DLC is awesome I hope they input some sort of survival CO-OP mode as long side New aps/Multiplayer Modes. Example Lost Planet 2 (if anyone played it) had a Boss Arena Mode were you and others face the bosses in the game. This mode wasn’t in the Final Product but came as a DLC. So it’s possible to input a new mode as a DLC but it’s a possibility. Other than that playing as Cartwright with a Far eye Skin for Deadeye would be awesome in the map Busyard.

I think they should look at what Valve is doing with its shooters. By that I mean free DLC for gameplay related stuff (maps, new gameplay modes), and make the cosmetic stuff payable (skins, hats, animations, etc). It's the only way to make money without pissing people off. I'd gladly buy some skins or stuff like that if it means I'll get free maps, but I'm not sure I'll buy maps if it up the matchmaking and if it means I won't be able to play on these maps after a few weeks (I'm looking at you R2 DLC). I wouldn't mind some R2 like coop mode DLC in the future though.

Why would you voluntarily vote to "want to pay extra for maps and skins that should have been included in the game in the first place". That’s my take on "Map packs". I don’t like the idea of them but if that’s what you like that is ok. If anything DLC should contain things such as "campaign story extensions", a new "mode", or new "playable character with alternate story". Something that makes it extremely worthwhile or entertaining for people to get.

Releasing a new map or skin does not make me get that "worthwhile" feeling. I don’t get excited to play some new map or try out a new skin; it’s cool, but not worthwhile or entertaining enough for me to buy them. I have never personally bought any of them, the only way I get them is if they are free or they are included with the game because I bought some kind of "greatest hits" edition. Devs don’t release single player expansions because they cost a lot more money and require a lot more manpower to make than a map pack or skins.

Personally I don't like the idea of DLC to the extent that it is really only a marketing tool, used to make more money. Instead of being about making the game better or adding things that were missed out during development. TF2 for example is constantly updated, new content added almost monthly keeps it interesting with no extra cost. Minecraft although the updates are the mechanics added to the game as development goes on pushing it more towards the final game, but the content added gives something new with no cost.