Thread: A Suggestion for Resistance 3

A Suggestion for Resistance 3

I know the shipping date is soon! And after hearing the last show of the full moon (Yes, all that) I know how close it is to end the game, so I apologize for this - but please consider this idea? Maybe have a way or an option that allows human players to use only human weapons and the use of weapons only Chimera? I ask because, unlike previous games, I think the scales are fairly even in weapons each faction has guns, for example, R3, both species have their own sniper rifle, and his own Assault Rifle.

Re: A Suggestion for Resistance 3

From what I have seen, the Chimeran never use Human weapons in the campaign, it looks weird seeing them do so during the multiplayer. It would add another neat twist to the gameplay, knowing before a match what weapons you’re going to be equipped with, and what weapons you won’t be able to use, and having to plan confrontations with the enemy, whilst remembering what weapons their using.

Yeah that'd be cool. But you’re a little off with the "each faction having weapons." The deadeye is the only sniper, so the Humans would be at a disadvantage. The Rossmore is the only shotgun; Chimeran's would be at a disadvantage. Magnum is the only pistol, Auger is the only shoot-through-wall gun, Marksman is the only burst fire weapon. Basically the Carbine and Bullseye are the only comparable weapons.

No, they won’t take my pitch on a game itself, like, if i handed them a script for Resistance 4 they couldn’t take it. But if I give them some feedback on their games they can look at that and throw the idea around. I like the 2 year cycle, but I'm not angry about the 3 year time for R3. It seems to be paying off. Banning players for a certain time for quitting so many games like in R: FOM! People quit during games way too much!

They know and got your idea, because it's inside Resistance: fall of man. But till right now, I don't know why insomniac throw out some good ideas from Resistance series, and try to make it like other games around. I don't want to say this, but it's true, I hope insomniac try to look at Halo series, which series never changed, same style and Gameplay goes on it. Too late, but i think it's would be cool idea for Resistance 4. I hope they announce Resistance 4 as soon as they can. Not after 2 or 3 years.