Thread: Resistance 3: Sad game for resistance 1 fans

Resistance 3: Sad game for resistance 1 fans

This game just is not for me. Resistance 1 rocked but this IS (don’t deny it) heavily inspired by call of duty. i wish it didn’t go down this route. Looks like a great game just not a resistance game. But it’s probably the best choice by devs because that’s what racks in money. I think it’s more like call of duty covered with resistance paint. So things like setting and style of guns but it’s the same mechanics and will probably play the same without the bull crap cod brings.

Re: Resistance 3: Sad game for resistance 1 fans

Resistance: fall of man was best and still. Resistance 3: it does will be ok but not for fans, for random and new players who didn't never tough Resistance series before. Otherwise, Insomniac should be keeping the game in the same way, that we know it. Everybody knows what Halo means when you want to play that game, also uncharted series that games kept in the same true way. Last Advice for IG, make new game called resistance: fall of man 2, that's what most of fans want it hardcore.

Some of you seem to have an allergic reaction to hearing this, but the Call of Duty games are great games. The campaigns and diverse and visual spectacular, and the multiplayer is the most supported and played FPS not based solely on the PC. Let’s take a look for a moment and nail down that defines a "true Resistance game", shall we: Are we saying that Resistance: FoM is the only "real" Resistance game in the series, and the rest are just not the same? To that I say who cares! Resistance 2 was a great game, and a big part of that was because it did something that Insomniac rarely does with sequels: It was a huge change from R: FoM.

The way I see it there is no such thing as a "true Resistance game" as the 3 games we have so far are very different from one another, and Resistance 3 looks likes it going to be a mix of pretty much all of them. So who cares if it plays a bit like CoD, if it makes the game better as a whole than I don't mind, and neither should you. So here's an idea: Stop treating Resistance: Fall of Man like it was the video game embodiment of nirvana, and stop treating Resistance 2 and 3 like they just tried to spit in your face.

It’s not like COD at all , the weapons, perks, graphical style, health, gameplay and the the alt fire, on the weapons, none of which is like COD .This just a person’s lazy way to try and describe any game now with killstreaks. Of course pretty much every shooter of the past five years owes something to COD 4, but aiming down the sights and killstreaks are not universal to COD, so why should we immediately jump to the conclusion that Resistance 3 is a COD clone simply because it uses those traits that practically every shooter uses these days.

R2 came out and it felt and played so much more like cod than it did R: FoM to the point that the game is more comparable to cod than it was to its predecessor. Hence why people say it’s a cod clone. R3: haven't played it yet but again, it looks nothing like the original game and has so many features that are more comparable to cod than R:FoM and again is compared to that. I think that the Resistance franchise should have kept its loyal followers by keeping the game true to its roots and kept its game original and stayed away from the cod clones that are turned into.

I am so tired of "hardcore" RFOM fans and "true Resistance fans" whining because it isn't a carbon copy of RFOM. I have played COD4 for quite a while, probably equal as much to RFOM, and I can say that COD and R3 play nothing alike. I have friends who don't play the Resistance games because they don't play like COD. The only people who hold this opinion are the people calling themselves "true Resistance fans".

I will however say my personal opinion is R3's core gameplay mechanics are heavily influenced by Call of Duty. Others do not believe so and that’s fine, but to me I agree with the Op. In the latest full moon show, Insomniac talked about R3 started out classed based, weapon pick up, deep customization tree, it just sounded amazing. What we got is the "safe proven" route and to me and others, it’s cheap and so overdone by CoD and its many clones it’s a disgraceful and worthless attempt.