Thread: The Resistance 3 Disappointments

The Resistance 3 Disappointments

This game is really nice but I have some disappointment with this game. As I have some problem with my LAN. I've already made my case for this many times, and clearly it's something that, at this point, is not in the cards. Here's my "breakdown" If the servers are ever taken off-line, then Resistance 3, as a game, is dead forever. There is no turning back from this point. We forget all too soon in this industry that we're still young and growing. There is no history preservation here. We can go back and watch movies from the 20s, 30s, and so on, but 15 years from now, we'll never be able to look back on this game, or others, and say "this was a piece of my gaming history". Help push forward the initiative to preserve these experiences for future generations by implementing LAN Support. Anyone here have same trouble or any other disappointment with this?

Re: The Resistance 3 Disappointments

While it isn't an alternative, I can understand that things like this cost money. As such, if it were to happen, I would definitely recommend including it into a for-pay DLC package as a Value Add, possibly. Obviously it's not for everyone, but I'm willing to wager there are gamers that would pay for such a feature. I ask of you, IG, to look further to this. I'm clearly assuming it wasn't on the table for very long before it was dismissed, but please do re-evaluate your support for LAN games, and help to preserve this multi-player experience as a part of gaming history for future generations!

Here how much I know I just wish to add something regarding this. The wide Aim Assist of the Atomizer. A problem since you can spawn with this weapon and from the footage shown, takes very minimal skill. It affects everyone since it brings the skill gap to nothing. Since the wide aim assist may be fun to use in SP and MP, it can be fixed by decreasing the power of the weapon. Otherwise just reduce the aim assist.

I am going to miss co-op mode. Because it was dead good and original and stuff. it affect, me and thousands others who still regularly play it on Resistance 2. Get rid of the competitive online stuff, it only seems to cause agro anyway and have co-op campaign (the R3 campaign is looking superb) and a special online co-op mode too kind of like R2 but with more variety. I think Resistance 3 is looking great and a lot of the complaints really do seem to be individual gripes surrounding how certain people play multiplayer nowadays. I will probably not even touch that part of the game so I'm hoping for a nice long campaign that has replay value.

I know, its heart breaking, really. As far as I know, IG has never included LAN support in any of their games. LAN support for Resistance 3 would mean building new networking code from the ground up specifically to support the feature, and I just think it's never going to happen. Still, if I can make my case and hopefully one for gaming preservation, then so be it! If not for Resistance 3, then for future titles at Insomniac Games. Too few publishers and developers "care" about preserving their multi-player history, and I think it's an extremely important thing to do, specifically in this connected day and age where these experiences will die merely years after they are released.

Here my Problem is: No "Custom Games Browser". To many who greatly enjoy custom games, this can (will?) severely impact their ability to find custom games to play with new people. On the user level, you're looking at a few options that may serve to better aid said community. Among those solutions is a thread (or forum) where users can set up designated times to coordinate for custom matches. We all know that the game size has grown smaller (down to 16 players) so we need to get together to ensure we enjoy custom games just as much as we used to, even if there is an extra layer of "effort" slathered on top.

I would suggest inviting friends, and further encouraging their friends to bring in new faces. We all have 100 folks on our FL, so getting to know new people will definitely be possible. Also remember, you can always make room for new friends. There are folks on my FL who haven't been online in months, or people that I don't even play games with. Sometimes you just have to part ways! One thing I would do to assist gamers is ensure there is a "clan list" option. If we can add folks to a clan, this considerably expands the amount of people we can interact with on a daily basis.