Thread: Cannot play GTA: San Andreas at high resolution

Cannot play GTA: San Andreas at high resolution

Hello, I used to play GTA: San Andreas in resolution in 800*600 in my old monitor and it used to work fine. But now I want it on 1024*768, but I cannot open the game on this resolution. Since I’ve the new monitor now I cannot play it in the old resolution. In old resolution the game will not log good so I want the new resolution. Is there any new setting or configuration file for the game to work? Please help me with this problem, I wanna play the game soon, so please do help me. Thank you in advance.

Re: Cannot play GTA: San Andreas at high resolution

The problem maybe with the setting which you have set with your old resolution. To fix your problem just locate the User Files of the game in you’re my documents folder. Then you can open it and delete the file:
    Code:
     gta_sa.set
    This file contains all the settings of previous time. Just delete this file and it will reset your setting to default setting the very first time you started playing. Don’t worry this doesn’t affect the saved game just defaults the setting. Then when you start the game automatically adjusts the user setting to the resolution of the desktop and you can play it on your new desktop without problems. Only don’t change the resolution else it will again show errors like before.

You can just try a system restore to earlier point before installing the game. It reverts the new user setting to default like the above user has mentioned. This is the step for those who haven’t found the file to delete it. Or maybe you can try uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. Just copy the save files to another folder before uninstalling, and then copy back to the folder. This is the best solution for the any game which was working fine before but stops working suddenly. Hope this helps you to solve the problem

I’m also having some problems with high resolution. I am getting black thick borders in both sides of the display if my desktop resolution is not the same as in-game resolution. So how would I get a resolution of 1024x768 in-game with my desktop resolution set to 1360x768 without getting the display problem? If I set the desktop to the game resolution the desktop looks shitty and if I change the in-game resolution there is a quality difference in the game. So, what should I do if I don’t want to sacrifice the qualities for both. Anyone understand my problem and can solve it?

Maybe you have this problem because the graphics card thinks you have widescreen instead of normal screen. That’s why you might be getting the letterbox bands on the side. But you can try changing the aspect ratio setting if the game has it. Turn the aspect ratio to Normal (4:3) from Widescreen (16:9). Check the setting under Video setting. Also, you can try playing the game in windowed mode rather than normal full screen mode, it might help solve the compatibility issue with your desktop resolution. Try this steps and see if it solves the problem.