Thread: Energy Weapons treatment For Fallout: New Vegas- Lonesome Road

Energy Weapons treatment For Fallout: New Vegas- Lonesome Road

In a technological graveyard, the only Energy rifle had too low HP to be used in heavy combat. I decided to make a friendly poll. The explosives were included because other than Gas Bombs, Demo Charges, and Fire Bombs that's all the new Explosives. I mean, there could have been some kind of awesome explosive weapon in OWB, but instead there wasn't a single Explosive weapon. As for Heavy armor, even though I don't like nor use it I've realized that there hasn't been anything new!

Re: Energy Weapons treatment For Fallout: New Vegas- Lonesome Road

You don't like the LAER? I think it owns with my EW character. I like the fact that it uses MF cells, but the shots aren't as slow moving as the multiples. I used it with meltdown on that group of NCP defectors in the Vikki and Vance, and one shot killed the entire group. There were pieces everywhere. It was awesome. And I also say that, we could have gotten some unique that were WORTH keeping not saying Fido is bad truly but I mean maybe somebody’s pet project of pa or at least some ews that don’t wedge so much or have better stats.

I do agree, more Energy Weapons, Explosives, and heavy armor (with or without power armor) would be useful. We've had a glut of melee weapons, as well as unarmed weapons, not to mention the variations on the saturnine stuff. Dead Money had exclusively light armor. Honest Hearts and OWB had light and medium. But as far as energy weapons? Compliance Regulator. LAER. The jury-rigged tesla cannon. Theoretically, there's the Sonic Emitter, but that doesn't do much for me. But enough with unarmed! And no more ballistic weapons! I want booms and lasers!

Frag mines and grenades: not much, but with demo expert at rank 3, and all explosive buffs, these sort-of common weapons become deadly themselves. Dynamite: on its own, even with max buffs, it’s only decent on killing low-level enemies, like fiends or raiders, but with the timed explosives, you can still have fun and creativity with it. Bottlecap Mines: making Death claws fly in the air, and sending Dog meat into the stratosphere since Fallout 3. This is all that just basically came out of my head, as there is a few more weapons that revolve around explosives that I forgotten (which means they weren’t good to me) all in all.

Explosives basically got its answer when the Grunt perk was added, allowing players to see massive increases in their Explosives damage. Sure you can add more but the problem with PA and EW is that there's rarely ever a moment that they can compete with Light Armor or Guns. Anything they would add to Explosives now is all just for fun since they're balanced now. I prefer guns and I hope they add an Ak-47, SCAR, or AR-15. A few more shotguns would also be nice, since they have been neglected in the previous DLC.

I can care less if any weapons are in LR. I am far more interested in what Ulysses knows about the divide. I have enough weapons for 15 followers if I could get that many. PA saved me a lot of money in OWB, because of its high hp. The 30 dt of t45d, and Enclave helmet saved a good deal of damage from getting through overall as well. I wore that stealth suit mkll out a few times, and it was shredded in no time. Pa though not strong enough is still the best armor in fo nv IMO, because it takes a lot to degrade it, plus it shrugs off many weapon types with little damage taken by the wearer.

Well, seeing as the meshes and textures are already there, it would be easier to implement. Different resistances, as well as different stages in the game. Toxic grenades could be found earlier on, for instance, and do less damage than the incendiary grenades. It would be the Varmint Rifle answer to the Incendiary's Anti-Materiel Rifle. It would be a defensive sort of weapon, giving you time to formulate an attack plan. Or something to, as you says, lower perception/knock out, because not everyone plays exclusively explosives, you know. There ARE blended characters.

Different game plays situations. Toss one, not get swarmed by a mob, and be able to pick them off one by one. And what if, say, you don't particularly want to use A.) Heavy weapons like missile launchers or B.) Weapons with rare ammo supplies like mini nukes. Especially on Hardcore mode space is a large priority, and having a few grenades to hold foes in place while you pick them off one by one could be more advantageous to some playstyle.