Thread: Fallout New Vegas- Lonesome Road: Needed New Weapons and Difficulty in the Mojave

Fallout New Vegas- Lonesome Road: Needed New Weapons and Difficulty in the Mojave

Needed difficulty was finally addressed in full. I actually had to restart the DLC because I literally ran out of ammo with all the enemy spawns all over the place. The fact I needed to REPAIR my Remnants Armor for the first time in over 60hrs made me very happy. Big expansive world. Lots to explore. A Safe house worth going to but you guys messed up in regards to companions still not coming with you even after OWB is completed.

Re: Fallout New Vegas- Lonesome Road: Needed New Weapons and Difficulty in the Mojave

I don't really agree with the belligerent tone of the OP, but I do think that having 2-3 perks exclusively for shotguns and then not having a larger variety of shotguns available is disappointing. I love playing a shotgun spec and I would really like to see at least 1 more unique shotgun introduced in LR. I would recommend the AA-12. I also agree about explosives. I haven't played an explosives character in FONV at all, but I remember thinking to myself in OWB "Wow, they are really neglecting Explosive users here." I did a full sweep of OWB and found like 20 missiles and not much else.

Re: Fallout New Vegas- Lonesome Road: Needed New Weapons and Difficulty in the Mojave

I really don't see that one happening. If there's one thing all the DLCs have had in common so far it's their near total disconnect from the main game. You put the main game on pause, run off to play their side game until completion, then return to the Mojave as if nothing had happened. Explosives Players and Power Armor players are getting the short end of the stick. I miss using power armor that was completely unique and "new".

I think the problem with shotguns is that they've already spoiled us in the base game. We've got 6 different types of shotguns (excluding unique variants) and between them they've covered everything from old fashioned 'break action' to lever action to pump action and to the more modern riot shotgun. As far as explosives go, I'd like to be able to craft Molotov cocktails. Aside from that, me and my extended barrel grenade rifle get along really, really well.

Based on and the same thing is different. Anyways Fallout New Vegas basically failed with that. None of the others really had modern weapons; if they did they were based on something or whatever. Then New Vegas decided to add all these new guns. Some good examples of how the weapons evolved in the Fallout Universe are the AK-112, so those were still around, and the M199, so the Model rifles were around, before they turned into R class.

PA FO3 and F: NV is not as strong as the first two games; it must be characterized by the values of extreme damage to many higher level weapons, mainly through the right hole, as if the armor was not there. Of course, you really should not be able to block the shooting of an AMR or Gauss rifle, so in these cases is not a problem. However, the leveled lists used to determine which weapons are often NPCs jumping from Level 3 to Level 5, when it reaches the threshold of the highest level, resulting in such weapons increasingly prevalent than it actually should be.