Thread: Story and Design thought of Fallout: New Vegas- Lonesome Road

Story and Design thought of Fallout: New Vegas- Lonesome Road

I see many threads on the Lonesome Road; I think that all these details seem to agree with my theory about the final DLC. But go one step further, I would say it is likely that monitoring of Ulysses on the way to the gap; the player begins to have flashbacks at certain points of the DLC to the points of his life in the past. This will allow the player really RPG elements of the past of The Courier, instead of seeing, therefore, decide the last of the Courier and in so doing, decide that ultimately affects his relationship with Ulysses today from their point of view.

Re: Story and Design thought of Fallout: New Vegas- Lonesome Road

When the player enters MT Great to learn about what happened between Ulysses, Christine, and Elijah while they were there. The Post has no part in this adventure, but learning from the consequences instead. Similarly, Odysseus has no part in the adventure that took place in dead money, but the player. Christine and Elijah are constant in both cases (Elijah trying to harvest technology in the location of their own schemes, while Christine is trying to kill him), but the messenger and Ulysses is that both variables. They had their own goals to be in place, and simply drag the conflict.

It is implied that Ulysses has had contact with all factions in the Mojave, and is not particularly impressed by any of them. As the player, at different points in time that could have been members of the NCR, or the Legion, or whatever. These elections did probably largely have nothing to do with the player's decisions. It is simply the decisions of Ulysses' (as designed by Avellone). But as the player sees traces the adventures of Odysseus as the Mojave and beyond, certainly Ulysses would have seen the footprints of the player's actions.

As for my idea of flashbacks, I think it would be a good way for the player to "remember" the Courier's past, and in so role-play the major decisions in his life which could have led to the personal interest Ulysses has in him. And in terms of what I think will be at the Divide, I think it certainly used to be a town of some sort, before being destroyed by some weather experiment. But I also think the location might hold a deeper meaning, possibly being a place with sentimental value for Ulysses.

Taking evidence from in game dialogue about Ulysses, i guarantee the courier once knew Ulysses. Problem is, after the Courier was robbed and shot in the head, he lost a key component, his memory. This would explain the starting fresh, I guarantee the Courier could shoot a gun before losing his memory; he is in the wasteland after all. While making the courier loses his memory, it allows for a whole new storyline opening up, in this case it’s what Ulysses has against you, the courier.

I imagine this being a very linear DLC. The Lonesome Road is quite literal. It's a road devoid of people that the Courier walks until Ulysses confronts us. Heavy environmental effects engulf the player as he walks through old world wreckage and wasteland creatures to the final confrontation. A very long Chris Avellone dialogue sequence follows. We learn about the questions he had for Dr. Klein. Then it's a duel to the death.

I'm not sure if playable flashback sequences are likelihood (although admittedly, I think it's a neat idea). When MCA said "or it'll come to the player, one way or another" (presumably meaning your own history) that suggested to me that we'll be able to select varied dialogue responses in conversation with Ulysses and perhaps other NPCs that allows us to formulate own back stories. I'm skeptical that it's anything more elaborate than that, but who knows? You could be right.