Thread: Will there be further DLC for Fallout: New Vegas- Lonesome Road

Will there be further DLC for Fallout: New Vegas- Lonesome Road

Bethesda with Fallout 3 always maintained that there would be 5 DLC. But will New Vegas get more DLC after the announced 4? The only thing we know for certain about future New Vegas DLC (there are no further clues in game files, and only 4 snow globe places) is that at no point will Broken Steel type DLC be announced, but what about some others? How likely is it? Where would you like to see? As an NCR player I'd like to travel west to see the Republic, or maybe travel to New Reno and clean the place up.

Re: Will there be further DLC for Fallout: New Vegas- Lonesome Road

It doesn't seem likely that a 5th DLC will be released after LR. Unless Obsidian has already been development it in secret, that leaves them two months to create, announce, and release a new DLC. I say two months because Bethesda probably won't let a new Fallout DLC be released in the weeks after Skyrim's release. Sometime in 2012 would be an acceptable date for a 5th DLC, unless there are "Fallout-style" DLC's for Skyrim. (4-8 hour experiences) In that case, depending on the schedule of the Skyrim, there may be room for a Fallout DLC.

I would like to stress the Vault 22 saga and Area 2 as possible continuation points for DLC. I think though there could be a sequel for sure though. They did put some hints at the end of the game for one. Though I am pretty sure we will know in Lonesome roads as they do love dropping hints for dlc and if it exists there will be a hint in the dlc for it. It never said anywhere that they were done after LR, so I am keeping optimistic.

I would say likely, though we won't be hearing anything of it very soon. I think I remember hearing that there was actually enough room to fit in a fourth snow globe. And on top of that, we don't know much about LR, so they could just as well open another door after the DLC. I just think that we should stalk Bergman's twitter. All of the DLCs have alternated heads; MCA and Bergman. He led Old World Blues and MCA is leading Lonesome Road, so if there is another one, then most likely Jason Bergman would be in charge of it.

I get the feeling that if the 4 DLC's have made them good money then there is always a possibility for a 5th DLC. Obviously Fallout New Vegas was popular enough to make 4 DLC's to begin with. However I don't know how well they have sold or if with each DLC after another the sales increased. If sales have increased more and more and they are making tons of profit it is worthwhile to keep some people on the job and make a 5th DLC. Come what may it has been an enjoyable time blasting away in the Mohave but sooner or later all good things must come to an end.

I really believe there will be no more DLCs after LR, but I voted "unlikely" since it is possible for more DLCs to be released. Honestly they're painted themselves in a corner, leaving no more room for any more meaningful DLCs. Sure they could create DLCs that are local in nature with side quests centered on an area, (small town, settlement, and base of some kind). One could expand the area southwest of the Mojave Outpost, another could go northeast past the road that leads to Jacobstown. I doubt any of that will happen.

I have my doubts about them releasing father DLC because it is said in OWB that there was one road left to walk for the courier but one can always hope. I highly doubt it will have a 5th release. The game was ok and the dlc has been fairly good so far but after this if they release anything it will be quest packs for existing people or govts explaining a little more about who they are and how they came to be. But again I must say that it’s almost a guarantee it won’t happen.