Thread: House in Fallout: New Vegas- Lonesome Road house

House in Fallout: New Vegas- Lonesome Road house

So does anyone reckon we may get a place to live in the Divide? Or would it be far too dangerous? As per me I don't think they would give us a house with the full range of appliances like the Sink, but it looks like there are buildings in the Divide based on the OWB Divide map. We might get a shack with a bed and safe containers, but I think that would be it. What’s your opinion about this house stuff in Lonesome Road?

Re: House in Fallout: New Vegas- Lonesome Road house

I think they could give us an awesome 3story house, something cool, with a view of a destructive tornado or something. I must say the sink never impressed me, it was awesome yeah, but not as a house. And I am personally hoping that the Cipher's make an appearance - as they were hinted in Dead Money - a technologically advanced tribe. Maybe we can stay with them or at the Big MT place in the Divide.

We already have the Sink; I don't think it is necessary at all. Besides, I really don't want another "the courier returns to the Big Empty/Divide for years to come" in the ending, as no, I don't want my character to return ever again. They should allow squatting opportunities in the buildings of Hapeville, but nothing beyond it IMO. Also, as they seem to want to add things to make the DLC more lasting with The Sink, why don't they add Ulysses as a companion? I remember Josh Sawyer saying that it was impossible, but honestly. I don't even believe him. People have made mods letting you have companions from DLCs, there's no reason Obsidian wouldn't be able to manage it.

I just had an awful (or possibly awesome) thought. Maybe Lonesome Road is about TRYING to set up housekeeping while having your stuff constantly being wedged up by tornadoes and blown to heck and gone. Each DLC in the series has had environmental handicaps of one sort or another. In Dead Money, it was the toxic cloud. In Honest Hearts, it was the topography, where you had to navigate around high mountains to go short distances. And OWB, you had a network of pipelines you had to get around. Lonesome Road might be about the contingent nature of living in a tornado alley.

Going by Van Buren documents their not really anything special on the technological front especially compared to the Big Empty scientists. To meet them would be cool however. Maybe it's a little too much for me. I like the sink, but have to dismiss my companions every time I want to drop something off, so rarely use it. Wouldn't really want another house in DLC where I have to stop and dismiss my friends before I leave, every time. As much as the Sink is awesome for the extras and novelty, I still use my Novac apartment as my main base of operations.

Something I would love to see is a explosives bench, like for the ammo bench for guns or the repair bench for energy weapons, I'd love a place where trading might get me some Fatman ammo. With the inclusion of so much that breaks the game, like Dead Money's endless stims and repair kits, or OWB having a instant teleported to take you home even when overloaded with 35 gold bars, and, well I am sure Honest Hearts had a couple of defining points, but with the inclusion of all of that I think a final nod to either of the explosives users would be a nice touch.

I want a place other than the L38 that displays the Snow-globes. I have all the main ones, but am afraid if I kill Mr. House and pick up a DLC globe, it won't immediately sell. As well, I think a place in the Divide would be cool. Probably underground though, due to the tornadoes. We'll see. This has already been covered that he wouldn't have needed to ask the Think Tanks what was there if he was from The Divide.